• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

"International Fare!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Sept.14th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"International Fare!"

DSC_0008_zps56077614.jpg

This was Charred Apron's superb entry in the 2014 "Vietnamese" Throwdown

As chosen by ssv3 for winning the "Chicken Breast" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

ssv3 said:
Hey guys,

Hope all is well. I was thinking International Fare. Anything you can cook up from anywhere across the world. Standard TD rules apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/28 through Monday 9/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 9/14.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Sako made an excellent choice for this Throwdown. We haven't done an International themed Throwdown since 2010, so it's long overdue!

Here's the vote thread:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96276

We've done many Throwdowns over the years that were focused on certain ethnic types of cuisines, both general and specific, so it's great to have this broad category re-introduced again after many years!

I would take the guinea pig over the rat. At least they are vegetarian and not scavengers. :-D

Please accept this as my entry to this throw down.
Hungarian gulyas porkolt (goulash stew). Made with beef shank. Plated with nokedli or pearl dumplings as I call them in English, a kosher dill pickle or two and some home made artisan bread to mop up (it is a home meal after all) you might not want to mop in a restaurant.:tongue:
P.S. You all know what I did with the marrow bones.:mrgreen:

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 180
  • shank.jpg
    shank.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 119
  • meat chunks.jpg
    meat chunks.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 119
  • meat cooking.jpg
    meat cooking.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 119
  • bread.jpg
    bread.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Please accept this as my entry to this throw down.
Hungarian gulyas porkolt (goulash stew). Made with beef shank. Plated with nokedli or pearl dumplings as I call them in English, a kosher dill pickle or two and some home made artisan bread to mop up (it is a home meal after all) you might not want to mop in a restaurant.:tongue:
P.S. You all know what I did with the marrow bones.:mrgreen:

George, you didn't identify your entry photo - I'm assuming this would be the one?

attachment.php

This is my entry

Beef NY strips, sliced and marintaed in Gochugang, vinegar, soy, garlic, sesame oil, sugar and a little oyster sauce. Grilled on a screaming hot WGA for a couple minutes a side, and brushed with some of the same sauce. Did not suck

DkaJHfVh.jpg

Back