Al Pastor on a drum question???

Pig_Farmer

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I did a search but didn't come up with anything. Has any one done Al Pastor tacos on a drum. I just made a Trompo and I wanted to use it on my UDS. I have seen plenty of recipes, but I haven't seen anyone use a drum. If you have done this on a drum, what temp and what internal temp are you looking for?

Thank you in advance.

Yup, did on PBC, temp was 275-300. Believe I went around 3.5 or 4 hours using reversed turkey hanger to stack the pork shoulder. I ended up shaving the outer meat and throwing it back on the pit because my wife said the outer crust was amazing.

al pastor

Yup, did on PBC, temp was 275-300. Believe I went around 3.5 or 4 hours using reversed turkey hanger to stack the pork shoulder. I ended up shaving the outer meat and throwing it back on the pit because my wife said the outer crust was amazing.

Hi What is a reversed turkey hanger? Pic?
Thanks DanB

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Back