"Food Truck Feast!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Ends Aug 19th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Food Truck Feast!"

DSC_0049_zpsarofzo4s.jpg

This was Charred Apron's winning entry in the 2015 "Food Truck Cookin'" Throwdown

As chosen by Moose and Shagdog by proxy for chingador for winning the "Spicy" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

1. Cook your own version of typical food truck offerings.

2. Burgers, Dogs, Ribs, Sliders, Tacos, Wings, Fried Rice, Etc. Emphasis is placed on the serving method. No fine china or glassware is permitted!

3. Entries as always must conform to Rule #5 which states "Entries must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients which you prepared."

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/2 through Monday 8/19.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 8/19.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone is going to cook some tacos for this Throwdown? :confused:

I know it's probably a longshot, but you never know around here...:rolleyes:

I could have sworn I posted this, but this taco should get a Dilly Bar:

faketacos.jpg

Is this an official entry, John? If so, we'll look into the Dilly bar for you. It should be a go as it's sitting on a China plate. :wink:

Those dogs and shawarma all look fantastic. The pictures ate making me hungry and giving me some ideas dor future cooks. Thanks!

Official Entry!

The gasser with GrillGrates got lonely so I smashed down some 80/20 3 oz balls and started grilling till perfect crustification. May I present to you my version of a triple patty bacon cheeseburger with pickled jalapenos, grilled onions and bell peppers on a toasted onion bun topped with ketchup and mustard.
100-5234.jpg

Click on the pic to see the whole cook.

OK, folks, that's a wrap. Poll to follow shortly!

Back