MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #1
pasquale388
On the road to being a farker

Default M Grill

I have been looking at the M Grill C4s for a while now. Want to know what people think of them. I have a pk and was wondering if I should sell and buy 2 of the MGrills. Need help to make up my mind
pasquale388 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.

Old 11-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #2
drunkenmeatfist
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Sammy

What is it that you don't like about the PK?
drunkenmeatfist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
pasquale388

It is because I want to do more sca and going to have to fly to them so I am thinking the MGrill because of it being lighter and I feel easier to travel with

Old 11-10-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I looked at the C4s at the SCA world championship and am considering one for the same reason. Brother 70Monte recently bought one so hopefully he will chime in.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2019, 11:41 PM   #5
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

I did recently buy one and used it for the first time this past week while on vacation. It worked very well. I also bought the over/under accessory for it when it came out but have not used that yet.

It is expensive though for the size. I added the stainless steel grates and the grill grates when I bought the C4 and then it was almost another $100 for the over/under.

Travis the owner of M grills used the C4 at the SCA world championship and came in second in his class so this grill is definitely capable of cooking a winning steak. I think he also used the over/under there but I might be wrong.

Here is some pics of mine and a some pics of my first cook on it.

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-11-2019, 05:30 AM   #6
Danno44
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Dan

Good timing on this post. I too am debating between the MGrill C4 with O/U to possibly start in the SCA. I know the PK seems to be the current preferred unit. Just not sure on which to choose.
Must be easily portable to fit into a small SUV. I already have a larger unit I can grill on at home, so this would be for small quick cooks or comps. Thanks for the reviews so far.
Danno44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2019, 07:16 AM   #7
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno44 View Post
Good timing on this post. I too am debating between the MGrill C4 with O/U to possibly start in the SCA. I know the PK seems to be the current preferred unit. Just not sure on which to choose.
Must be easily portable to fit into a small SUV. I already have a larger unit I can grill on at home, so this would be for small quick cooks or comps. Thanks for the reviews so far.
I have been young my Pk360 for a couple of years for SCA and it is a great steak cooker. My wife recently started cooking SCA as well and we have worked out a timeline that lets us both use the PK, but it would be nice to have a second cooker, and then if we want to fly somewhere we would be set.

I fit everything into our Nissan Rogue. PK360, stand, rolling tool kit, a couple of coolers, table, ez-up, chairs, etc. It is tight, but it fits :)

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #8
pasquale388

Looks like I am buying the C4 this weekend

Old 11-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
Huskres
Full Fledged Farker

Hasty bake ranger.
Huskres is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2019, 07:56 AM   #10
travismagee

At my last SCA event I was able to pack 2 C4's with the Over-Under, all accessories, folding table, large Grizzly cooler, and pop up tent with a few boxes of more C4's I had for sale in the back of my Jeep.

We have plenty of guys now who fly with their C4's and another who packs his C4 on the back of his motorcycle to SCA events.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with a Hasty Bake Ranger, but the stainless we use on the C4 is 16 gauge 304 stainless while the Hasty Bake is 20 gauge. That 16 gauge is much thicker than 20 gauge and really allows that small little grill to get ridiculously hot with such little amount of charcoal.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:43 PM   #11
pasquale388

Placing a order this weekend or next once my bonus comes out

QUOTE=travismagee;4244452]At my last SCA event I was able to pack 2 C4's with the Over-Under, all accessories, folding table, large Grizzly cooler, and pop up tent with a few boxes of more C4's I had for sale in the back of my Jeep.

We have plenty of guys now who fly with their C4's and another who packs his C4 on the back of his motorcycle to SCA events.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with a Hasty Bake Ranger, but the stainless we use on the C4 is 16 gauge 304 stainless while the Hasty Bake is 20 gauge. That 16 gauge is much thicker than 20 gauge and really allows that small little grill to get ridiculously hot with such little amount of charcoal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-12-2019, 07:42 PM   #12
Westx
is One Chatty Farker

Have you looked at the Humphrey’s searing station?
Assassin 36” Pellet Grill
LSG Mini on reversed comp cart
LSG 20”x36” pellet grill
Wes
Westx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #13
pasquale388

Yes I have I am ordering that one as well. I am going to put them all to the test as soon as they show up. I am leaning more towards the MGrills because 18 pounds vs 30. I know chad and Nicole’s well I know 4 humphreys and have had 7 over the years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westx View Post
Have you looked at the Humphrey’s searing station?