• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hello from Morgan Hill, CA - home of the no Bull BBQ!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TRP

Hello Gang,

New member checking in from Morgan Hill, CA.

New in the BBQ scene. I currently cook on a Large Big Green Egg. Looking to get a used WSM, just to try it out.:tape:

Ted

Welcome on board Ted. I like Morgan Hill, I've gone several times to shoot pull shotgun. Scour the craigslist like a hawk, used wsm's come up every once and a while, but you have to be quick on the draw.

Greetings and welcome from Hickory, NC...

I'm envious of your big green egg :) I'm new at this whole smoking thing and just got my first smoker a couple weeks ago... the WSM 18.5... I'm actually curious why you want to try out a WSM when you already have the BGE?

Hello Gang,

New member checking in from Morgan Hill, CA.

New in the BBQ scene. I currently cook on a Large Big Green Egg. Looking to get a used WSM, just to try it out.:tape:

Ted

Welcome.....

I'm envious of your big green egg :) I'm new at this whole smoking thing and just got my first smoker a couple weeks ago... the WSM 18.5... I'm actually curious why you want to try out a WSM when you already have the BGE?

Because man does not live by BGE alone. Oh, to be new and think just one smoker/pit/grill is enough.

Hey Gang,

Thanks for the warm welcome. What's a good price for a used 18.5?

JM - Good purchase with the WSM. You will get great results with it. Don't get me wrong, I love my egg. I'd buy a second one in an instant, but the price prohibits it. The WSM seems like it'll fit my needs, without the cost of a second egg. Having a second smoker has many uses. Sometimes you can use the second smoker to finish off a piece of meat, without disrupting other pieces / meat in the egg. I can use the WSM to do chicken, while the egg is cranking away on Butts or Brisket, etc.

As BBQ stated - You can never have just one smoker. ;)

Ted

Welcome from Indiana!!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welcome Ted. I was at No Bull this weekend, got my butt kicked like usual. ;) I'm with Bang A Drum.

Welcome Ted. I was at No Bull this weekend, got my butt kicked like usual. ;) I'm with Bang A Drum.

HA! I saw your spot / set up. I was walking around Friday evening around 6:00. I should have swung in to say hello. I was *really* impressed with everyone and how friendly they were. Every one was totally approachable and forthcoming with information, etc.

I wish I had come down on Saturday after the turn in to talk to every one. I would have loved to try some of the food. How was the turn out? Did you guys have fun?

Ted

HA! I saw your spot / set up. I was walking around Friday evening around 6:00. I should have swung in to say hello. I was *really* impressed with everyone and how friendly they were. Every one was totally approachable and forthcoming with information, etc.

I wish I had come down on Saturday after the turn in to talk to every one. I would have loved to try some of the food. How was the turn out? Did you guys have fun?

Ted

Welcome aboard Ted!

You missed out on a great day on Saturday at No Bull. Food was great and turn out was expected to reach 18,000 but I haven't heard if it reached or exceeded that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back