MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #16
Notorious Q.U.E.
is One Chatty Farker

Hot damn! That back splash is the next level. Love the details even down to a cover for the spare tire. Whole hog is homage to such a beautiful pit. Congrats!!

"...can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me and I just love your flashy ways. Guess that's why they broke and you're so paid!!!"
Notorious Q.U.E. is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 07-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #17
stangman327
Full Fledged Farker

Man that thing is awesome! Congrats!

M1
Hunsaker
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 propane smoker
Weber Genesis II LX S-340 Gas Grill w/iGrill probes
Lodge Cast iron sportsman's grill
Masterbuilt electric digital smoker
stangman327 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #18
Norm
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Private

Wow is that ever nice!

When I get the call from Tyler I'm going to say just look up Matt's build, thanks!
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 06:00 PM   #19
kls44
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ken

Nice cooker!

Old 07-04-2017, 06:03 PM   #20
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Congrats Matt! Beautiful rig. Love the front stainless shelf.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #21
Pstores
is One Chatty Farker

Every one I see I am always impressed with the quality of Craftsmenship......... Very very nice...
Lone Star Grillz Large with reversed cart, Meadow Creek TS120p insulated firebox and stainless front shelf. Sent to a better home to be used like a stick burner should be. Weber Charcoal Summit, Cabelas Pro 100, ready to build UDS, Retired the Big Green Egg XL and Treager 070....
Pstores is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 06:15 PM   #22
Bigbears BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Sweet rig and sweet pig congrats and enjoy
OG PBC
Gen 1Weber performer
Bigbears BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #23
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

That's a beauty for sure. Congrats!
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #24
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Matt we had a blast.... so so much fun... the cool part for me is that cooker went to an amazing guy and pitmaster.... I still don't get the comment they guy made about our cookers the other day.. saying the straightback model looked like it was made in our backyard out of scrap metal.... I wish I had never commented back to him... we are very far from perfect as is everyone... he was right it was made in my backyard where our new shop is....but not quite out of scrap metal.... in any event ..... I love your cooker and it was a cooking machine... that satisfies me.... to know it worked as planned.... thx for all the nice comments..... can't wait to see all the cool cooks your going to do.... I'm sure I'll see u again next year same time.... same place... and possibllly in New York end of August...... smoke on brother!!!!!

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 06:52 PM   #25
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Congratulations Shag!
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8[/URL]
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #26
sylntghost
is One Chatty Farker

Congrats. I really love the back splash.
Rodney. 24x75 Shirley cabinet with first hip roof main chamber. Shirley double burner griddle stand.kamado joe big joe.weber kettle.4 & 8 gallon Cajun fryers. Lone star grillz large insulated vertical cabinet
sylntghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #27
Clasko2
Full Fledged Farker

Congrats! Man those things are awesome. Works of art.
Clasko2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-04-2017, 07:21 PM   #28
Notorious Q.U.E.
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
Matt we had a blast.... so so much fun... the cool part for me is that cooker went to an amazing guy and pitmaster.... I still don't get the comment they guy made about our cookers the other day.. saying the straightback model looked like it was made in our backyard out of scrap metal.... I wish I had never commented back to him... we are very far from perfect as is everyone... he was right it was made in my backyard where our new shop is....but not quite out of scrap metal.... in any event ..... I love your cooker and it was a cooking machine... that satisfies me.... to know it worked as planned.... thx for all the nice comments..... can't wait to see all the cool cooks your going to do.... I'm sure I'll see u again next year same time.... same place... and possibllly in New York end of August...... smoke on brother!!!!!
Don't let the haters get you down, Sir! When you're #1, people will come out of the wood work just to take a pot shot, even if they don't have an investment in the topic. To me, the straight back is functional art made of metal.

I Once knew some one who worked at the fanciest hotel in town and people would stay there just to complain. However, when it was time to host someone from out of town, there was nowhere else they'd go. Sometimes, the worst critics who would troll the place online would end up checking back in as repeat customers :(

"...can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me and I just love your flashy ways. Guess that's why they broke and you're so paid!!!"
Notorious Q.U.E. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 07:24 PM   #29
Shagdog
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thank you everyone. I can't emphasize enough how amazing this smoker is. The fit and finish is awesome. The lines, the welds, the layout, all are really well thought out. They have come a long way from where they started for sure.

Paul, we enjoyed having you guys so much! Hopefully we can all get together again soon. I can't believe someone was making fun of the straight back. I love the design and look of them!

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Shagdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 07:46 PM   #30
Macky
Take a breath!

Wow, that man "Shirley" knows how to build them! Congratulations!
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24x70, reverse flow, Shirley fabrication, whole hog