Butt: Bone in or bone out?

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
How do you prefer to smoke your butts? Do you take the time to de-bone it or just "fark it" and put in on bone in? Damn, that could be taken a lot of ways! :shock: Thanks for suggestions!

The bone adds flavor, and usually slides right out.

Great to use as seasoning for a pot of beans too.

What he said.

If the bone don't slide out, it ain't done.

Cool! Thanks! Getting my first butt prepped! Pictures of the prepped Mother's Day feast to be posted in a few!

I usually debone. Dont like the tast of the meat up agains the bone. Think its from one butt i made that the meat against the bone was grayish and funny tasting. Never recovered from that traumatic experience. :wink:

I cook bone in- too lazy to cut it out :oops:
Sometimes I can find a small butt in the 4-5# range with no bone. Makes a finished product with a high percentage of bark and smoke ring. YUMMY :lol:
TIM

Always bone in. When cooked propperly the meat will fall away from the bone and you just pull it right out. Something about jabbing the butt with a pair of tongs and pulling out the bone in one effortless move. When you can do that you know you've cooked it to perfection.

Bone in. Unwrap it and the bone falls right out.

Bone In!!!! I'm with the rest of these guys....if bone don't pull right out...it ain't done! A Happy Butt is one with the Bone in it!!! :lol:

Bone in cause I lazy.

Did it bone in except the gray meat scared me after what Phil wrote. I left it out. The OL saved it because she didn't think it tasted bad but I told her I was leaving it out of the pulled pile! There was plenty anyweay. In fact, I just got a rare opportunity to drop by home for lunch and I just polished off two hot pulled pork sammiches with cole slaw! Mmmmmmmm!!!! Let's see... head to the office or a nap????? :?

Bone in, I don't want to hack it up so it's easier to leave it in.

Back