MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:09 AM   #1
Fooball
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad
Default Check Out The Cue Cart Grill

Interesting grill. I tried bumping the original thread on this which included a reply from Pete Bennett, the owner of the company that makes it now days.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=138194

Can be had for $850 here:

https://cuecart.com/
Fooball is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 05-28-2022, 11:08 PM   #2
Juggy D Beerman
Full Fledged Farker

I am happy to see that ten year-old thread about the Atlanta Cue Cart reposted. It brings back memories!

I spent my teens learning to grill and BBQ on a Cue Cart when they first appeared on the market in the early 1970s. Our family's hardware store sold Atlanta Stove Works products. My younger brother and I guesstimate that the unit retailed around $200.00 back then. The old reposted thread confirms our guestimate. There are two Carts in our family that are still in use and they are getting close to 50 years old. Dad and I used his Cue Cart at the Missouri State Fair BBQ contest in 1987. This was our first contest and we took third place in the chevon contest. (Chevon is defined as a yearling goat.) Not too many cookers out there that can claim to still be working and in use for 50 years!

Lager,

Juggy
Juggy D Beerman is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:38 PM   #3
KORND4WG X
is Blowin Smoke!

Watched a few videos on it. Looks cool, reminds me of a Hasty Bake and the charcoal grate adjustment is pretty slick
KORND4WG X is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2022, 03:35 AM   #4
Fooball
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy D Beerman View Post
I am happy to see that ten year-old thread about the Atlanta Cue Cart reposted. It brings back memories!

I spent my teens learning to grill and BBQ on a Cue Cart when they first appeared on the market in the early 1970s. Our family's hardware store sold Atlanta Stove Works products. My younger brother and I guesstimate that the unit retailed around $200.00 back then. The old reposted thread confirms our guestimate. There are two Carts in our family that are still in use and they are getting close to 50 years old. Dad and I used his Cue Cart at the Missouri State Fair BBQ contest in 1987. This was our first contest and we took third place in the chevon contest. (Chevon is defined as a yearling goat.) Not too many cookers out there that can claim to still be working and in use for 50 years!

Lager,

Juggy
Great story. I remember my dad cooking on a PK grill back in the 70's. It's nice to see some things don't need new and improved versions every other year. The Cue Cart and PK grill got it right the first time.

Old 05-29-2022, 03:47 AM   #5
Fooball
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KORND4WG X View Post
Watched a few videos on it. Looks cool, reminds me of a Hasty Bake and the charcoal grate adjustment is pretty slick
I know, I was trying to figure out how the rear of the fire grate tracks with the height adjustment that you make on the front of the grate so that it's not slanting at an angle.

Then I saw that rear support bar and thought "That's pretty darn ingenious!". Slick indeed.

Thanks from:--->