Lazy Tuesday- Childhood Casserole Time

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We ate this a lot growing up. At one time most everything called for was cheap. Feed a family of six one income dirt cheap. Mom added cheese and often times green chile (canned mild). May push the button on the Pellet and cook outside

TUNA FISH POTATO CHIP CASSEROLE
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (15 oz.) can English peas, drained
1 (8 oz.) bag thin potato chips
1 (9 1/4 oz.) can tuna
Crush 2/3 bag of potato chips, reserving remaining chips, uncrushed. In a deep three quart casserole make several layers of crushed chips, tuna and peas. Put uncrushed chips on top and spread mushroom soup over the top. Bake, covered with aluminum foil for about 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serves 4 to 6.

Have had a lot of Tuna Noodle Casserole and like it. Never Tuna Chip. May have to try this

Growing up in Texas, we had that particular casserole as well! As an adult I thought it would be more sophisticated with thick, kettle chips but the thin Lays chips are definitely better!

My mom would be proud of your version, peas and all!!!

We ate this a lot growing up. At one time most everything called for was cheap. Feed a family of six one income dirt cheap. Mom added cheese and often times green chile (canned mild). May push the button on the Pellet and cook outside

TUNA FISH POTATO CHIP CASSEROLE
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (15 oz.) can English peas, drained
1 (8 oz.) bag thin potato chips
1 (9 1/4 oz.) can tuna
Crush 2/3 bag of potato chips, reserving remaining chips, uncrushed. In a deep three quart casserole make several layers of crushed chips, tuna and peas. Put uncrushed chips on top and spread mushroom soup over the top. Bake, covered with aluminum foil for about 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serves 4 to 6.
We always had the Le Sueur peas at holiday meals. For many years I thought they were imported from France.... then I learned they were from Le Sueur, Minnesota :shocked:

Have had a lot of Tuna Noodle Casserole and like it. Never Tuna Chip. May have to try this

Now we're talking. Made with egg noodles and those peas imported all the way from Minnesota. :becky: I love my smoked salmon in various pasta dishes, I need to try it in a traditional noodle casserole dish.

Having recently finished Lonesome Dove, we sat down with the skillet, a large spoon and some Dixie Bowls— and started watching Comanche Moon.

Didn’t walk bike nor hike. Just cooked, drank a rye whiskey (or two) and began the prequel movie to Lonesome Dove

Side note. I have quite a bit of vintage cast iron, however only two pieces with family history. That #8 is what I learned to cook fried bologna sandwiches on after little league baseball games.

I have two of three of my mom's pans. Just heard that my sis has the other and doesn't want it. But she doesn't know where it is...

The wife and I discussed tuna casserole a few nights ago.I was watching Ken Rollins on YouTube.Sounded interesting.Just could not make myself go there.Yours looks great.Still on the sidelines though.

I have two of three of my mom's pans. Just heard that my sis has the other and doesn't want it. But she doesn't know where it is...

Something to look forward to and/or something to lament.
Could go either way

I make something I call Tuna Surprise.
The "Surprise" is, there's no tuna in it. I use chicken. :razz:

With your past praise for canned tuna and cream of whatever soup, I was wondering if this would draw you out of your deer blind

Back