Do you sauce leftovers?

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I portion out the available liquid from brisket and butt when vac packing for freezer. Sometimes there is not as much sauce as I would like so I'm considering what, if any, type of sauce to use to augment after thawing the leftover for a meal. Suggestions appreciated.

Do you mean sauce or liquid drippings from the brisket? If the later you can use talllow to supplement. When I reheat brisket I usually throw a bit of tallow in to get everything juicy again.

Do you mean sauce or liquid drippings from the brisket? If the later you can use talllow to supplement. When I reheat brisket I usually throw a bit of tallow in to get everything juicy again.
I mean add to the "drippings". Fresh out of tallow.

I slice the whole brisket and pan and Sauce from the start...... if ppl in my House don't like Sauce - Fark 'Em - they know where McDonalds is........

If I see I might not have enough drippings / meat juice, I dilute them slightly with some canned broth. I also save the extra abundance of drippings and vac seal them for use in beans, chili, and times like this. just pull a vac-sealed bag of extra drippings from the freezer and the bag will thaw in minutes.

I prefer to let the guests add sauce to their food, everybody has different preferences.

Back