Barbacoa

Looks great! I need to try that. Local Kroger had chuck for $2.99 this week. Doing one with the Pepper Stout Beef process tomorrow.

Mmmmm that's looks tasty.

I'm on a chuck roast kick since smoking my first a couple of months ago, and it's the first thing I look for in the meat dept. now. Best price I've seen is 3.49. Usual is 5.49-6.99.

I'm gonna go heat some up for lunch. :grin:

What temp did you hit for it? I might just give it a go tomorrow night.

Looks great! I have a chuck defrosting in the fridge right now to do that on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mmmmm that's looks tasty.

I'm on a chuck roast kick since smoking my first a couple of months ago, and it's the first thing I look for in the meat dept. now. Best price I've seen is 3.49. Usual is 5.49-6.99.

I'm gonna go heat some up for lunch. :grin:

chuck roasts are one of my favorites.

Tacos, sammies, on their own, on top of grits...

speaking of, this fall I'll have to make cheesy grits and pulled beef...now that I'm thinking of it

What temp did you hit for it? I might just give it a go tomorrow night.

I think I pulled around 205. It was very tender at that point, I probably could've pulled a little earlier, but didn't hurt it all. Very easy to shred.

Looks great! I did a chuck roast last weekend and I checked it at 206* and it wouldn't give, but at 210*, it started shredding, so a few degrees mattered a lot.

Looks great! I did a chuck roast last weekend and I checked it at 206* and it wouldn't give, but at 210*, it started shredding, so a few degrees mattered a lot.

Yeah, I could've been a little over 205.

My mental clock had me taking off heat at 5pm to rest, I checked it 4:30 and the eye test said it was done, probed it and went like butter and honestly could've started shredding it with thermometer, so I didn't pay too close attention to temp. Sat covered in the oven for an just over an hour and was still hot and ready to shred when we were ready to eat.

Plate me up, that looks tasty

Back