Evie Maes trailer build

Are we going to get Shirley Fab fan-boys in here to talk about how Evie Maes copied Shirley Fab like we did in the M&R Thread? :p

Good looking pit and that's a pretty good timeline as well. With the size of that exhaust stack it's going to draft like a champion. I'm looking forward to you posting more once you get it and have some fun with it.

I think the Evie Mae's is unique enough to where I would not call it a copy. Other than being square there's nothing similar. The M&R looks like a Chinese copy of the Shirley.

Are we going to get Shirley Fab fan-boys in here to talk about how Evie Maes copied Shirley Fab like we did in the M&R Thread? :p

Good looking pit and that's a pretty good timeline as well. With the size of that exhaust stack it's going to draft like a champion. I'm looking forward to you posting more once you get it and have some fun with it.

Why would you even bring that up about Shirley, I guess you just want to start stirring the pot, good job brother.

It was inevitable that the design get copied. What you don't want to see is a builder bad mouth other builders. At some point there will be 6 builders with this design and all we can do is recognize SF as the OG and give them their due respect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here's Sunny Moberg giving props to Mill Scale Metal Works even though they are direct competitors in a small market.

I thought that was cool.

r1g7pe.png

I think the Evie Mae's is unique enough to where I would not call it a copy. Other than being square there's nothing similar. The M&R looks like a Chinese copy of the Shirley.

I would agree 100% on this. The Evie Mae’s is a great looking pit but besides the cabinet chamber nothing else looks like a Shirley.

I would agree 100% on this. The Evie Mae’s is a great looking pit but besides the cabinet chamber nothing else looks like a Shirley.
I disagree! The light boxes are rectangular just like a sf, it has a smoke stack like a sf, the tires look round like the ones on a sf. I could go on but then i would be just getting ridiculous. :pound:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why would you even bring that up about Shirley, I guess you just want to start stirring the pot, good job brother.

I put the "razzing" face in there to show it was a joke. I also added a small sentiment about the OP. Are you trying to stir the pot for no good reason?

wow that is a sexy sumbitch , hate to say it but its the only smoker I have seen that is sexier than the Shirley smokers , just my personal opinion …

Arnis was cool too. He was like "Look, if this think does not run like a top and meet any of your expectations, just bring it back and I will buy it back from you".

2h2e59y.jpg

Oh wow, you are only the 23rd customer? I would figure they would be in the hundreds by now. That 1000 gallon smoker is pretty sexy.

They gave you some free splits? Now that is SERVICE!

Absolutely exquisite piece of equipment! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm in love with the stack folding down...such a clever idea.

So is this the type of firebox where you always leave the door open? Small intake for such a large firebox.

I've been looking at their backyard model 24x48. The unit in the picture on the google docs order from looks like it must be the first one they ever made. No flanges on the lid, the welds are pretty rough and none of the edges are ground down. The ones on their instagram and facebook are gorgeous. Your's is a real beauty. I need to go their and eat sometime. It's about a 3 hour drive for me.

That collapsible smokestack looks awesome! How much does that part weigh and is it easy enough to lift into place?

Back