An open letter to Jeff at Assassin Smokers

TXNewbie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

I wanted to send you a thank you email, but then figured it would be more beneficial if I posted it here.

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for things that may not seem like major points, but they all added up to make me want to take the time to point them out, as trivial as some of them may seem.

As someone who just received an Assassin 48 Grill, I'd like to thank you (in no particular order) for:

• Charging a reasonable fee for custom paining painting my door. Some other companies charge ridiculous amounts extra;
  • Making such an awesome quality product at such a fair price;
  • Being so patient with my OCD and many questions and addressing each one of them sincerely;
  • Taking the time to explain everything to me about the features and grill as I'm sure you must have 1,000 times before and making me not feel rushed or silly;
  • I added several extras and features and every single one was in the crate or on the grill exactly as I requested;
  • For packaging it in such a way that was easy to disassemble the crate. Seriously, other manufacturers need to take notice at the simplicity yet effectiveness of your crating. There is no excuse for some of the other excesses we see - unless you own stock in a company that makes nails;
  • For clearly taking pride in your work and product, but not in a way that is pompous or arrogant;
  • For delivering the grill exactly when you said you would in time for my upcoming event;
  • For being extremely responsive to each and every email, question, or concern I'ave had both prior to my order, during my wait, and post receiving the grill;
  • Thank you for offering a quality grill cover at a reasonable price and not the hundreds of dollars like with other companies;
  • And for making this overall an easy process allowing me to enjoy the grill. There is no doubt whatsoever my next purchase will be an Assassin Gravity Smoker for all the above reasons.

Jeff, this is a sincerely thank you from me to you. You are the epitome of everything that is good with small business and I wish you much continued success.

Last edited:
Mine will be ready in a couple weeks!! I can agree with you as far as the customer service and question answering I am so excited for mine to be here! Glad yours came as you wanted TX

I really don't need another charcoal cooker but all of the assassin praise makes me really want one.

My brief contacts with Rachael I've. Sensed the same. If i order a new unit. It will. Be an assassin

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The packaging...

...is a gift from the BBQ shipping Gods.

I literally don't know if I could do another LSG knowing I would have to face that nightmare of the crate after having seen how easily it could have been done.

As a fellow Assassin owner I can absolutely state that Jeff and company are great folks. Next up for me is an Assassin 24 or 28.

Everything said about Assassin is spot on. I have a 36" pellet and a 48" charcoal from them. I really can’t imagine ordering from anyone else. Built like tanks, cook great, super nice folks, and the pellet grill gives great smoke flavor, not anemic like so many others.

I have a few custom cookers, my last one being an Assassin 48 grill. Jeff did anamazing job on it, especially with the custom grates. I can see this truly being my last custom cooker because I am not left wanting for anything. The assassin grill really does it all. Jeff is amazing to work with, the cooker is top quality, the packaging is ridiculous, and you can’t find better value.

I like dealing with the folks at Assassin. It can be 100 degrees outside in Middle Georgia and Jeff will always take time to listen to customer need and do anything possible to insure the customer is satisfied.

As an Assassin owner, I totally agree. I knew Jeff long before I became an owner. He is simply a super nice guy who make great products.

Back