Votes: 8 12.3%
  • 130 deg - 140 deg

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • 140 deg 150 deg

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • burn the h*** out of um

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
I like mine hot, but in a pinch I will eat one that has been sitting out for a bit.

Does anyone actually cook burgers by temp? Maybe the question would be better asked if by doneness, i,e, rare, medium rare, medium etc etc.

I'll cook 1.5" by temp. Thinner ones get 500*F grill with one flip. Thicker ones get 130-140 and a 10 min rest for carryover. Roughly shoot for 145-155*F served hot. Want to leave enough room for them to be microwaved (leftovers) the next day etc.

I don't temp either. If it's store bought ground meat, I'll take it to 165F ish. If it's home ground, closer to 140F.

I'm an odd one. While I like my steaks medium rare, I like my burgers very well done. I like that extra bit of crunch/char a well done burger gets on the outside

I temp all ground products. I cheat the 165° rule more on bison and pull it at 150° ish, beef is pulled before 155°, pork burger and chicken burger go to high 150°s. All get rested for at least 3 minutes.

I'm an odd one. While I like my steaks medium rare, I like my burgers very well done. I like that extra bit of crunch/char a well done burger gets on the outside

Same here precisely. To me a burger is all about the sightly charred crust. The best burger cooks can still nail the crust while keeping the interior a nice medium/medium rare, but when I'm eating out I usually order my burgers medium well and everything else medium rare.

I always cook ground meat longer than say a steak. I like a burger med. well.

I voted 140-150. BUT, the reality of my burgers is more like 140 - waaaaay not pink or juicy anymore. I just cook it until it looks good, and sometimes I get it right and it's pink. When I have my mom or my inlaws, they all get cooked to the internal temp of, "if I see pink I won't eat it" degrees.

I dont take temps...try to pull while they are med well and juicy...sometimes it comes out a lil less..sometimes a lil more.

I do exactly what Cowgirl said. If it's my grind I'll do med rare-ish. If it's store bought then 165. I don't really temp them.
If I'm going to someone else's house...Hot dog please.

If I'm going to someone else's house...Hot dog please.

It depends on whose house. If they make hockey pucks, I will be looking for a hotdog...or salad. One friend makes a real good burger

Back