• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Green Chile Shenanigans and Spare Ribs on the High Plains - w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Saturday, folks.

We're in the midst of green chile season here, and the fragrance of the roasters outside grocery stores is intoxicating. I don't have the space to buy a whole box or two, but a smaller container or two should work for a week or so.

a69StrKh.jpg

Mild up top of the shot, and Hot down bottom:

8ByC9Frh.jpg

BossLady asked me to whip up some sort of green chile stuffed with chorizo and jack cheese, so I'm in MSU mode.

GRO0F3Gh.jpg

Meanwhile, I've hacked a rack of spares in half and I've hit them with a couple of rub options to cover the family's differing tastes:

XMkjBauh.jpg

More to follow as the afternoon progresses.

Hope your weekend is going smoothly and enjoyably.

I've never been a big fan of Monterey Jack cheese until CINCHOUSE found this stuff..

kiMM543h.jpg

More flavor than I can shake a stick at.

These chilies didn't exactly want to be "stuffed," but they'll probably still taste good. Even "cordoned off" one from the others for the munchkin... she really likes green chile stuff, but even a little heat turns her off.

RsHprUqh.jpg

Close-up.

GpWggLHh.jpg

Yessir!

Looks like y'all got a great day of eating over there - great menu! I have not heard of foiling with apple sauce, but it sounds great! Looking forward to seeing how those look on the plate.

I just stumbled across some hatches in the freezer from last year. If they pass the "not freezer burnt" test I'm gonna probably gonna throw 'em in some melted cheese.

Yay for chiles and melted cheese! :whoo: And, of course, ribs! :whoo: :whoo:

Hope you're having a great weekend - looks like you are from here!

Mild Hatch with Monterey Jack for the Munchkin.

aHSOlqfh.jpg

Hot Hatch with the full chorizo + Monterey Jack experience for Daddy.

9pgg5eRh.jpg

Unwrapped the ribs and hit 'em with sauce for a few minutes.

ODpjkY9h.jpg

Brethren Trade Rounds are simply awesome. Ah-mazing stuff from Florida still taking good care of the family, Marty. Many thanks!

pxUFsZKh.jpg

I have not heard of foiling with apple sauce, but it sounds great!

Greg - I've foiled with apple juice for a while, but I've learned that we're typically "out" of apple juice, but that we have apple sauce in the single-serve packets.... so, I substitute in the wrap... usually with good results.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Whoooo.... I'm stuffed.

L4RA1K6h.jpg

Bones were excellent. Meat was JUST a tug off the bone, and the sauce/rub combo(s) were right.

BossLady made spicy slaw and reheated some of last night's penne with homemade alfredo.

I guess I did something right....

7h7DHHkh.jpg

Those green chiles were more filling than we imagined.

Guess the homemade key lime pie will have to wait a while...

That last pic is evidence of a successful cook. It all looks great and no doubt it was a great day with your family. Nice!!

Fantastic!!! Might need to strap that sausage pepper concept...looks amazing and I just got my crate of hatches-‘plenty to work with.

It appears the child has excellent taste.

Back