Smoked me some oxtails

Wazzufan88

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well I stepped way out of my comfort zone the other night and tried Malcom Reed's smoked oxtail recipe. My wife was a bit apprehensive about them but gave them a try. Overall they were pretty damn good and reminded me of beef short ribs. They pulled apart pretty easy. I will definitely make them again.

Attachments

• Oxtails.jpg
    Oxtails.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 398
When I was a kid, oxtails were peasant food, and cheap. Mom made oxtail stew frequently.

Yours take it to another level.

Next time I will probably put a bit more smoke on them before braising. As usual, always fun smoking new things, especially when they turn out pretty good.

Those look Tastee.The ones I have tried to cook/ smoke/ braise never turned out nearly as good as those look.

Oxtails have been on my to-do list for quite some time, and I keep pushing them down the line. - I should fix that sooner than later.

Yours look delicious, Todd.

My friend from Indonesia introduced me to oxtail soup with their native spices and I loved it. I’m going to have to try this method on this forgotten piece of meat.

These will be a part of my permanent rotation for sure. The next time I do chili I will be adding these for something a bit different.

Todd,

You nailed it!! I use his recipe all the time, that looks great!

Thanks,
Greg

Back