Need Help Identifying This Brinkmann

RayJayinTBay

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Found this Brinkmann, what I think is a Cimarron of some sorts or a Trailmaster 855-6300-0, and am picking up down the road this week. Pretty sure this is a 1/4" thick model so for $70 not bad. Here's the only pic that I have of it. When I looked at the manual for the Trailmaster 6300-0, it appears as though everything (damper etc) on the newer Trailmasters was on the opposite side and had different tags. This has the same silver tag that the old Cimarron's had. At a loss...

Anyone have any input to help me out? Also, suggestions on restoring this bad boy? Seems like it was built to be a charcoal cooker/smoker. Was thinking of fabricating a smoke box on it and a stack but will then have to remove the damper on the one end. Not sure what to do.

Thanks and look forward to hearing thoughts!

4075ba6310aad23eed3f12882a62e0cc-jpg.445874

Last edited:
All good. I’m planning on playing around with it. It’s almost like a charcoal grill but I’m wondering how I can best utilize it as a smoker. Maybe add some fire brick to one side?

Somebody makes a add on fire box that Walmart use to sell and lowes or home depot still does, it would be easy to cut a hole and add. looks like a good investment

Somebody makes a add on fire box that Walmart use to sell and lowes or home depot still does, it would be easy to cut a hole and add. looks like a good investment

Really? Do you have any idea of the quality? HAven't found much searching myself. I was actually even thinking about snagging one of the mini wood burning stoves off craigslist and then modifying it to use as a firebox? I have never done this before so trying to figure out my options.

I used to have the Brinkmann Cimarron but it had a stack and smoke box , maybe they made a grill too .

I'm currently in the process of restoring a Brinkmann Cimarron. Let me know if you need any dimensions for a firebox. Maybe a small shop can make a firebox and stack for you.

I'm currently in the process of restoring a Brinkmann Cimarron. Let me know if you need any dimensions for a firebox. Maybe a small shop can make a firebox and stack for you.

Unreal. The lady had the original advertising with the grill along with the owner's manual. It is in fact a 1/4 inch Trailmaster 30" model and the manual references that many parts are the same as the Cimarron and Stillwater.

Any recommendations on what to do for the charcoal grates and the cooking grates? Need to replace these.

Are your cookbox dimensions on the Cimarron 30"x15"? I'm going to begin cleaning it up and see what I can create from leaving it as is. What are you doing for grates and are you leaving the charcoal grates in the cookbox or putting in fire brick? For this model, I think the charcoal grates may be necessary since there is no firebox. Wondering if I can engineer this thing to work well as a smoker without doing the add ons.

Back