Reheating a Brisket

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hi All My brisket got done way too early.Best way to reheat it? Right now it is in alum foil cooling down, before it hits the fridge for dinner tonite.
Thanks DanB

Don't throw it in the fridge. Double wrap that brisket in foil, throw in a cooler wrapped in towels(or your oven if it'll hold around 150) and let it rest until dinner tonight. I've rested for upwards of 12 hours in a cooler without temps dropping in the danger zone.

Don't throw it in the fridge. Double wrap that brisket in foil, throw in a cooler wrapped in towels(or your oven if it'll hold around 150) and let it rest until dinner tonight. I've rested for upwards of 12 hours in a cooler without temps dropping in the danger zone.

This

If reheating in a day or 2, I've found best results with vac seal, bring water to simmer (NOT full boil), drop brisket in vac seal in pot bring up to temp.

good luck

If you have a Vac Sealer slice it once cooled and seal it You can then stick the bag in boiling water to reheat- does not need to be in there long
or put some boiling water in a cooler Leave it in there a few minutes and put wrapped brisket in and this will help to keep it warm

Brisket

Hi All I put the brisket in the oven..Lowest temp was 170 should be good till 6 for dinner?
Thanks DanB

My oven only goes to 170. I just make sure to vent the brisket after it's done until internal temps drop to 165 or so before moving it into the oven.

Brisket

Hi All At 170 in my oven,is the brisket OK to slice and enjoy, or do I have too heated it up some?
Thanks DanB

Back