New member from Massachusetts

NewEnglandNewbie

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
So I'm a total newbie. I have assisted friends smoking on a propane smokers but want to build my own UDS I stumbled upon this website and it seems like a great place to get the necessary information. Any tips, pointing me in the right direction etc...will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome from NorthEast MA! Somewhere on here is a build thread for making a drum smoker. They are mostly pretty simple to make and the most difficult part is the charcoal basket. I used HD expanded metal and rolled it with the long side of the diamonds to avoid having sharp edges at the top of the basket. Anyway, welcome and enjoy!

So I'm a total newbie. I have assisted friends smoking on a propane smokers but want to build my own UDS I stumbled upon this website and it seems like a great place to get the necessary information. Any tips, pointing me in the right direction etc...will be greatly appreciated.

billerica, MA chiming in.

search UDS and google UDS parts and/or ugly drum smoker parts.

some of the parts like top vents, bottom vents, etc sell for pretty cheap (ebay too). i got a drum on craigslist from a dude in brockton for $25.00 (had syrup in it).

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome from Framingham! Finally starting to get some more Mazzhole's on here!!!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back