MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
Av8er
is one Smokin' Farker

Default How is a Mak received?

My Mak is coming in tomorrow and fedex called to schedule delivery for tomorrow between 11 and 2. Mak told me to open the box and inspect for damage prior to accepting it or the damage will be all mine. The problem is, I will be stuck at work until they call and will have to go back to work after accepting it. My question is, when you accept it, how well is it packaged and would any damage be apparent without breaking down everything? I am going to be pressed for time when it’s delivered and will have minimal time before I have to leave to go back to work. Anyone have a pic of how it’s delivered?

Thanks in advance.
Av8er is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
BKING!
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
My Mak is coming in tomorrow and fedex called to schedule delivery for tomorrow between 11 and 2. Mak told me to open the box and inspect for damage prior to accepting it or the damage will be all mine. The problem is, I will be stuck at work until they call and will have to go back to work after accepting it. My question is, when you accept it, how well is it packaged and would any damage be apparent without breaking down everything? I am going to be pressed for time when it’s delivered and will have minimal time before I have to leave to go back to work. Anyone have a pic of how it’s delivered?

Thanks in advance.
It’s packaged extremely well. I got mine from bps. It should be obvious if damage has occurred.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #3
KevinJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
It's packed in a heavy duty cardboard box strapped to a pallet. I was home when mine was dropped off, the driver helped me get it off the pallet but I did not open the box until he was gone. The box was in perfect condition and the grill is well packed. I didn't take pictures of the unboxing, unless the pallet is dropped or the box was speared/hit by a forklift or something extremely heavy was stacked on it, I don't see how it could be damaged. If I couldn't have been home I wouldn't have worried about it.
WGA

:plane: [SIZE="2"][I]All American Moinkballer[/I][/SIZE] 🇺🇸

Last edited by KevinJ; 12-04-2018 at 08:48 PM..
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
seakuv
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Mine came strapped to a pallet as well. The packaging was top-notch. Congrats on the new MAK!

Old 12-04-2018, 08:39 PM   #5
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : T.J.

Wooden pallet underneath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-04-2018, 08:43 PM   #6
TexasRT
Full Fledged Farker

I was told by FedEx when they called to schedule my delivery it would require a signature, and it did.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #7
Av8er
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC ‘Que View Post

Wooden pallet underneath

Thanks that was the exact kind of pic I was looking for. I think damage will be evident when it’s packaged like that.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2018, 09:10 PM   #8
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

Default How is a Mak received?

Quote:
Thanks that was the exact kind of pic I was looking for. I think damage will be evident when it’s packaged like that.

Thanks

There were straps all around it too...

I was concerned for the same reason as you, but the FedEx guy isn’t going to stand around while I unpack and inspect. The outside packaging looked immaculate so I wasn’t worried.
When I ordered my Stumps it probably took close to an hour to uncrate it. I can’t see a delivery guy waiting around for that long.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:35 PM   #9
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Yep, it’s solid packaging. Unless a sink hole opens and swallows the entire delivery truck, I wouldn’t worry one bit. :)
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #10
Av8er
is one Smokin' Farker

Well hell!!!
FedEx just called and pushed me out a day. That’s ok, I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas.

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #11
seakuv
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

That gives you an extra day to line up a big, strong friend to help you put it together. The box and instructions call for two people to put it together - and I can attest - they're not kidding.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #12
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

With all due respect to anyone that had trouble on their own, I assembled my 1 Star by myself relatively easily. I’m not a big guy either. Yes, it’s heavy. If you take your time and use common sense, then most adults that are reasonably fit can do it alone.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #13
alecksjaycubs
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC ‘Que View Post
I was concerned for the same reason as you, but the FedEx guy isn’t going to stand around while I unpack and inspect.
I disagree. If you don't sign for it they'll wait until you do. Mine came with a hole in the side of the box but it looked like it had happened where there was a space in the box. I told the driver that because of the hole I was going to open it and check. It takes about 5 seconds to get the top off of box to be able to get a really good look inside. They're not leaving without that thing signed for so if you have a doubt don't sign.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #14
Pulmah Finger
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Sorry I am new and dont want to step out of line but take the 5 min to open up the box you are spending too much $$$ to put it at risk. If there is any way to break it, FedEx will figure out how to do it. I have had $10k items come FedEx Freight that looked fine on the outside and had damage internally. offer the Driver a comfy chair to sit on and a cold Coca Cola. Like others said they will wait.
Pulmah Finger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #15
Av8er
is one Smokin' Farker

And now they had delivery set up with out a lift gate. They have to reschedule again. I hate FedEx!!!