• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Injection Storage??

GA1dad

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well I've finished my second year competing in SCBA events. As I think on improvement for 2019 I am reminded of something I need to replace.

I prepare my injection in a Rubbermaid 32 ounce clear plastic bottle. The kind with the red pop up top. On multiple occasions I have had the bottle slide across the fold up table, and on one occasion it hit the ground and spilled a little bit. I want to upgrade to a more stable bottle that won't slide around so easily. I generally use a 50cc Pro Shot for injecting so it needs to have a good sized opening to stick the injector in. I also own one of the green syphon types with a hose.

Anybody got a suggestion?

They slide around??

Maybe put a wet paper towel underneath you bottle or check how level your table is :grin:

Yeah,, plastic bottle on plastic table. The slightest bump can send them sliding. I have considered sitting it on something like a wet cloth, but wanted to see if there was something else out there.

I’m a disposable guy. Get the to go soup plastic containers in bulk. 1 thing of tape across the top for transport. When done throw it out.

Yeah,, plastic bottle on plastic table. The slightest bump can send them sliding. I have considered sitting it on something like a wet cloth, but wanted to see if there was something else out there.

Weird. I have plastic bottles on a plastic fold up table at every comp I've ever done and haven't had the sliding issue......

Maybe there is a bottle with a rubber bottom. But wet paper towel would fix it if there is a sliding epidemic.

I like these Cambro containers, because they don't tip over easily, and because the lid snaps on very tightly, you can shake up the injection easily in the container. Write the name of the injection on the lid with a Sharpie for easy ID. They also come in various sizes, and lids might be sold separately.
Cambro RFS1PP190 1 Qt. Translucent Round Storage Container

I use 32oz mason jars, have only broke one in the ice chest going down the road in 5 years, made sure to have enough ice since then so they don't slosh around the ice chest, they don't slide either and seal tight.

I basically keep my leftover apple juice and bbq sauce lard jugs that have twist on caps. I wash them and store them and then for comps I reuse for my injections etc.

Great for transport because the kids won’t come off. They usually have large enough opening on top to get a BDI injector hose down inside of as well.

As for stuff sliding around I usually lay a towel on the table and sit my jug on the towel.

I store all injections and sauces in old plastic water bottles (40 pack at Costco for $5). All get labeled with a sharpie and if there is more than 16 oz. then they go into 2 or more bottles. Once used, they go in the trash. Water bottle lids are good at keeping liquids inside and can handle a bounce or two on the floor.

We stored the powder in Tupperware...and mixed onsite before injecting...

I use juice containers from barproducts.com. I buy the colored lids yellow = chicken, Red=ribs, brown = brisket and white is pork.

Back