Brethren gettinbasted’s Restaurant Visit Branson, MO

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
In town for a golf weekend. One of the places that came highly recommend was a BBQ place called Gettin Basted. When I visited the website I quickly figured out this was a restaurant owned by a guy who got started in comps. Did a quick search and find he is Brethren, who is active in the comp section.

Went tonight with my 3 buddies and we got 2 sampler platters to share. They were out of burnt ends. Meats were brisket, ribs, chicken, pulled pork, and sausage. Each one came with 4 sides so we tried a few.

Now, spoiler alert. The meat was good. The sides were outstanding. Meat was typical of higher end smoked meats cooked in a restaurant for mass production and held for a while. Bark was a little soft. Texture was a little soft. But the flavor profile was great, the meat was excellent quality, and the portions were abundant.

The sides. Poblano Creamed Corn was something special. The fresh homemade pork rinds were a nice surprise to find on the menu. The beans were a nice mixed 3 bean style with butter beans. Not too soft and good flavor. The fried onion and jalapeño straws were good. Slaw was good and crisp. The fresh house made chips were good.

Fun night with my friends. Would come here again or recommend it. He also has a nice display of some of the comp trophies.

Nice work Brother!

BR16tJ7l.jpg

j9eM5mHl.jpg

ASBA3AVl.jpg

RnEkHNwl.jpg

iRAkq0Kl.jpg

q2NYFkjl.jpg

UHWgxysl.jpg

looks like a great spead. Brad is a great cook and a really good guy. He is currently in the lead for this years KCBS team of the year.

Thanks for the review. I've taken his class and learned a TON. He has taken my cook to the next level for sure. That restaurant is definitely on my bucket list. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts and for the photos.

Always nice to stumble into a BBQ joint that you enjoy. The fact it's a brethren run place is icing on the cake.

I love that place, and I always recommend it to everybody that is close to Branson. I wish there were more places! The food is awesome, and it makes me even more interested because all of their Q in the restaurant is cooked on barrel cookers.

I love that place, and I always recommend it to everybody that is close to Branson. I wish there were more places! The food is awesome, and it makes me even more interested because all of their Q in the restaurant is cooked on barrel cookers.

Is there a pic of this?

Is there a pic of this?

If you mean, of the cooking area, no I dont have a picture. I didnt ask to see it, but I got to chat with the manager for a few minutes. Maybe Brad or one of the other guys can show us that?

[/QUOTE]Did a quick search and find he is Brethren, who is active in the comp section.

[/QUOTE]

They are currently #1 in KCBS rankings right now

I appreciate the kind words from everyone! Cooking in a busy tourist area on Gateway Drum Smokers is a labor of love for sure, but I don’t think you can cheat that flavor. I’ll grab a couple of pictures of our smoke shack and post them when I’m back from The Jack next week.

I am headed to eat there in the next couple of days. If it isnt too busy, I will try to see if they will let me take a picture of the cook area myself.

I’ve always wondered why some bbq places don’t do it in drums if UDS “were all that great” and would love to see how your place manage the food demands with the limited capacity of the drums.

Just don’t let El Luchador see this :heh:

I was going to let gettinbasted post their own pics, but this one is decent of their cook area. Got some others, but because of how my camera was held taking them, they are sideways (I cant bring myself to post sideways pics) Food was excellent again this weekend. My kids were a bit annoying though...

Last edited:
I didn't get a count for sure, as being short, I could barely see over the bottom of the window. They have a little bit of room for a days worth of meat though!

It isn't called "The Insane Can Posse" for nothin'!

I’ve always wondered why some bbq places don’t do it in drums if UDS “were all that great” and would love to see how your place manage the food demands with the limited capacity of the drums.

Just don’t let El Luchador see this :heh:

Most places don't use drums as their not NSF certified.

Back