• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First time cooking Wildfork meats

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I knew when we left CA I may struggle to find good tri-tip. Based on some recent recommendations I decided to order through Wildfork. Ordered 2 Prime TT’s (among other things) to give them a whirl. Needless to say, this will not be my last order. Prices were reasonable, quality was good, and I was impressed with the ordering experience from start to finish.

Hard to beat a good ole’ reverse seared tri-tip. 2 hours of smoke followed by a 90 second per side sear using Duck Fat.

9e02aaf3a995050f380bea7df04cbdd8.jpg

30039dde63c5f038b9cae2240cccda31.jpg

79a4cab9f0e8e5b376dadf92f42d48f9.jpg

I'd say that looks down right edible, Robb! I'll be ordering from them one day in the near future. I like what I see on their website and the prices are very reasonable. No doubt the family enjoyed those, great job!

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them, from beef to foie gras to sides of all sorts Everything has been at least good, if not excellent.

I got a Big HEB here in Burleson but don't ever see them - maybe I oughta ask meat counter......
Couldn't hurt. Do they have beef ribs and wagyu brisket?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Looks great Robb! I've been ordering from Wild Fork for a while now and have been really happy with everything.

Nice looking TT’s :becky: as always

I’ve cooked a few things from WFF and was satisfied with my purchase. I think the price:quality ratio is fair. Maybe not my all time favorite when including every price point, but if you struggle to find a particular thing in your area they likely have it. I’d order again.

The only critique I have is I found some gristle is the Brazilian and Argentinian sausage I bought - not egregious but it is a pet peeve of mine and that’s a large part of the reason I now stuff my own.

I have had great luck with the Berkshire Bone in chops and Prime angus strip steaks. Had them both multiple times consistency good so far.

Back