MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:44 AM   #1
RemoGaggi
Full Fledged Farker

Default Get this instead of waiting for the mythical Mini Mak?

I believe we are on year 4 of waiting for the mythical Mini Mak to make an appearance and still nothing but crickets. But, I just saw this and it appears to be very high quality and a well thought out unit for its size. I have both an Asmoke and Traeger Ranger and on paper (and pics), this Pellet Pro Sidekick seems to be in a different league. I'd buy one, but I already have 2 small pellet grills and the WAF will not permit it. However, I know there must be someone out there than can report on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAPwKOb6cAU&t=346s

**WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor**

Old 08-04-2021, 08:48 AM   #2
halfcocked
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : George

I like it better than my Amsmoke. Other than the heavy duty construction materials, I like the fact that you can get to your pellet hopper without having to open the smoke chamber. I always thought that the Amsmoke missed that mark. Don't know the price on this one but for my $150 investment in the Amsmoke I can't complain about it all that much. BTW I understand that you can get a taller lid for the Amsmoke but have not been able to find the link for that.
halfcocked is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #3
Fishwater2002
On the road to being a farker

It's finally on their website, $424.99 which is probably a great price for what it is but a little too rich for my blood for a portable I don't really need but kind of want.

https://smokedaddyinc.com/product/th...-pellet-grill/