Anyone like Whole Lamb BBQ?

I wish lamb was more reasonably priced in the US along the lines I remember back in the UK.

I'd gladly give this a shot... yours looks excellent. Enjoyed the video.

Nicely done Drew. As Titch says we generally put them on a spit and in that way we do not usually get them up to the temp where you would pull the entire amount of meat. We get them done to the point where you can still carve them.

Nevertheless, that looks awesome and I would have really likes a plate of that!

Looks delicious. I've always wanted to try one. Never tried because after it's done, I have no idea how to break it down and serve it.
When I do whole pigs I just ask what the person wants and pull.
I would love to hear more about how you serve it.

Looks great and cool video. I would really like to do a little pig one day when we can get a big crowd. Wife does have an aversion to the whole animal cooks :shock:

I wish lamb was more reasonably priced in the US along the lines I remember back in the UK.

I'd gladly give this a shot... yours looks excellent. Enjoyed the video.

Yeah it is pretty expensive. For my own personal cooks I like getting a couple lamb necks. It's generally not terrible and enough for the family.

Nicely done Drew. As Titch says we generally put them on a spit and in that way we do not usually get them up to the temp where you would pull the entire amount of meat. We get them done to the point where you can still carve them.

Nevertheless, that looks awesome and I would have really likes a plate of that!

Yeah if I cooked it on a spit or an Argentinian cross I would cook it to slice.

Looks delicious. I've always wanted to try one. Never tried because after it's done, I have no idea how to break it down and serve it.
When I do whole pigs I just ask what the person wants and pull.
I would love to hear more about how you serve it.

We serve it just like you would a whole hog. We pull all the meat, sprinkle in a little rub and black bbq sauce mix it all together and put it on a sandwich with onion and pickle.

It ends up more like this. This is how I would cook lamb for my family instead of a crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01zg8cJE8JU

We serve it just like you would a whole hog. We pull all the meat, sprinkle in a little rub and black bbq sauce mix it all together and put it on a sandwich with onion and pickle.

It ends up more like this. This is how I would cook lamb for my family instead of a crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01zg8cJE8JU

So this was lamb neck in this video? Need to go to the butcher and get some. You video of the whole lamb brought back a lot of memories. Most Catholic churches in West Ky has picnics where they cook 100s to 1000s of lbs of meat on open pits and mostly mutton. I remember my Dad bringing home mutton shoulders and pulling out the long skinny ribs like you did in the video.

So this was lamb neck in this video? Need to go to the butcher and get some. You video of the whole lamb brought back a lot of memories. Most Catholic churches in West Ky has picnics where they cook 100s to 1000s of lbs of meat on open pits and mostly mutton. I remember my Dad bringing home mutton shoulders and pulling out the long skinny ribs like you did in the video.

Yeah the second video is lamb necks. They've got great marbling and are generally less expensive than shoulders and legs. A couple of them are perfect for a family of 4 with a little for leftovers.

That had to be excellent eating :clap2::clap2:
We also like Cabrito done this way :thumb:

Thank you for the info, and the videos.
I had missed the video link in your original post.
Well done!

My dad tells me a story about when his group put on a BBQ.
The attendees raved about the meat and said it was the best beef they ever had.
:lol: yup, lamb was the meat served.

Back