Instant Pot or old school Crock Pot.

Very pleased with the one I purchased.

Good to know. I really need to be able to cook a pot of pintos in a couple hours if needed. I do a lot of dinners after work for 3 boys and I’m limited on good wholesome foods. I feel like the pressure cooker could open up some possibilities.

The instant pot makes incredible stock. I am making chicken stock as I type. I use mine 4 times a week. It is well worth the money.

I make a pot roast in a little over a hour once in awhile and the pressure cooker works very well, hot roast beef sandwich's with mashed taters and gravy is hard to beat

As Grain Belt said, I love the InstaPot for making stock, it comes out beautifully clear. I also use it to cook my beans when making BBQ beans, the beans come out nice and buttery no crunchy beans and done in 13 mins + warm up time. Still learning what it can do.

I have both slow-cookers and an Instant Pot (Duo, 6qt). If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with the IP if only for the additional features. Pressure cooking, steaming, searing, rice cooking, yogurt making (Duo and up), and yes, slow cooking.

Back