Big 'Farken' Egg (1st cook)

Bigmofo300lbs

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So my folks have had this egg for 4yrs and have used it 5 times. Thats right...ONLY FIVE TIMES! Well, I have never used it so on this trip the S.F. Bay Area I decided to take a crack at it. Just put the 12# brisket on. With any luck it will be done in time for din-din. I will keep yeah posted.

-Al

Oh, and thanks for you tips J. Minion. I might be giving you a ring later.

The egg is ceramic and this would lead to you needing to wrap the thread in a blanket (thermo mod)

Dually noted. Well, so far it is holding nicely. The 1st hour was a lot of up and down with the temps. But for the most part it held 240 for the first two hours and then it started to drop. Just dumped a little more fuel in and it hopped right back up to 240.

Just dumped a little more fuel in and it hopped right back up to 240.

How did you do that? I don't recall an access door - had to lift the lid, remove the meat, and add fuel

Well check this out, TK. Imagine a regular old circular grate. The grate they have is hinged about 5in from the side. So just pick up the handle on the edge, it opens like a little trap door and I have about 5-61in to reload. I will take a pic of it and see if I can post it up here.

Took almost a year to reach 200 posts.

Take small breaths.

LOL!! I didn't even notice! I would like to take this time to thank all the little people that made my 200th post possible. Mook & Lghrn...if it werent for you two I would have never found this site. I could go on but lets just say if it weren't for all of you, my brothers in Q, I would not be here! Thank you...AND.... :cry: Good Night!

BTW, the Egg worked great! Was easy to control temps once I got the hang of it. No pictures to prove it this time. The vultures, aka my fam, were picking at it before I could even get it in the foil!!!

Back