KCBS Competition in Vegas

Bill-Chicago

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This trip is moving up fast on my list of maybes.

Anyone have any info on this? Site or links? Nothing on the Mandalay site, and search KCBS and you get a shitload of hits for a LA TV station.

Who's going? I know Greg and his bud are a go, but there were a few maybes and yeses in the poll.

I'm looking for somewhere that the wife and I can escape to, so this might be a good place. Mandalay was kind of pricey, but I'm just starting my search.

Bill, I will check with Ceasers this week to see what kindd of rate they will give me. I will probably end up with a freebee for myself, but will ask if I can get a discount on a couple extra rooms. I will get with them today or tommorrow and post back here.

I'm going to do my best to get out there!!

We will have to meet somewhere at the competition.

Actually never been to one before, do they give samples/sell it as well?

Actually never been to one before, do they give samples/sell it as well?
I've never been to one before either. That's why I am doing this. I want to check it out to see what all goes on at a competition. I do believe that various competitors might sell some of their q'ins to offset the cost of competing.

If you make it to Vegas you got to check out the Panther club. You will not be disappointed. :D

I want to check out Blue Man Group.

Saw them here in Chicago.

Want to see if the Vegas show is different.

Maybe we should all share a room at the hotel. My wife probably won't go anyway. What do you guys think??

Panther Club-Yes

Maybe we should all share a room at the hotel. My wife probably won't go anyway. What do you guys think??
It's a BBQ competition, not a sausage festival.

I will be with my wife, and she is not really into the group thing. Sorry.

Normally competitors are NOT allowed to sell their Q... but some are allowed to give it away.. however some concessionaires will enter the competition although they are probably not selling what they are entering.. at least this had been the case at the two KCBS events I've been to.. I think it's a sanitation issue with the local health boards and such... most competitor rigs are not set up to pass standard health codes.. ie. Triple wash sinks, seperate hand wash sink, etc, etc

Ray

It's official, I just lined up my flight and hotel rooms for the cookoff in vegas.

I will be staying at Bally's, arriving on the 6th and departing on the 9th.

Hotel rooms are starting to fill up fast. I struck out at several places before I landed bally's. Rate was 125 per night (ouch). There were others cheaper, but I have spent way to much time in cheap hotels to do it when I am on vacation.

Hope to see a few of ya there.

Post here if you are going and we can coordinate hooking up.

I will not be able to make it. :( Too close to my trip to Texas, I am still recovering from it. :)

tommykendall said:
Panther Club-Yes

Craigster - do ya mean Cheetah club?

I think Cheetah is right been a day or two ago. Best $10 lap dance I ever had. I will be waiting on my plane tickets in the mail from you. Will that be Fed X or second day air ? :roll:

Back