Wife's in Memphis any suggestions for her to go visit?

sleebus.jones

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
She knows about Corky's and Rendezvous, so no need to mention those. Just wondering if there are any other out of the way ones she shouldn't miss.

Thanks bros!

A buddy of mine ate at Central BBQ and thought it was great. I also heard Neely's was worth checking out. There are many good eats down there, but when in doubt, ask the Locals!

Interstate BBQ Beef Hot Liinks

After spending 13 years living in the Memphis area and enjoying many wonderful BBQ restaurant s just want to mention my favorite that has not been mentioned. Interstate BBQ, like many in Memphis is deceiving from the outside but all the food inside is wonderful from the ribs to the BBQ bologna to what was my favorite the Beef hot ribs. These are all beef, not overly hot but deliciously spicy, unlike the commercial jalapeño sausages that many BBQ restaurants serve today. Enjoy

My favorites are Memphis bbq co in Horn Lake (less than 1 mile across MS border), Central BBQ, and One & Only BBQ in that order.

Memphis BBQ Co is the best place around IMO

And YES to Hattie B's Chicken

OP, you mean she knows to avoid Corky's and Rendezvous? Especially Rendezvous. Right?

As far as Central BBQ I've always heard to only eat at the one on Central and when I was there years ago I thought it was good.

Not BBQ, but Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken is fantastic. But if she doesn't want fried chicken, she shouldn't go as that's all they have for the entree. Fried green tomatoes, fried okra, fried pickles, french fries, IBC floats - love that place!

OP, you mean she knows to avoid Corky's and Rendezvous? Especially Rendezvous. Right?

As far as Central BBQ I've always heard to only eat at the one on Central and when I was there years ago I thought it was good.

This sounds accurate. I've hear complaints about Central, but I went to the one on Central and loved it.

I went to Memphis BBQ Co in MS last week, and it was baaaad. I've had more flavorful pork from a crock pot. I would honestly apologize to my dogs if I gave them food like that. The beer was flat, too. On the up side, the cornbread was really good and the salad had a ton of bacon on it..

Personally do not care much for Tennessee bbq but the Coors Memphis Belle Brewery is a place to get some darn good ice-cold beer. She should also see Graceland (goes without saying) and the Memphis Belle plane.

Back