• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Throw down the brisket --- take 379

Melissaredhead

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Keyport, NJ...via Soulard,MO via Missouri farmland
Set alarm for 12 and labeled it "brisket fire" on my phone. I was so groggy and out of it that when I read it I thought I already had my brisket on and that it was calling me telling me it was on fire!:doh: WAKE UP!
Ok on to this throwing of ye brisket (which almost came true when I put it on in the dark and I nearly dropped the motherfarker) anywho...
Sodium free broth with some rub injection right in the cyrovqc earlier this evening.

Trim. I really didn't touch it. Just some of the hangy off parts and hard parts.
It came pretty well done. Nice thick flat. Rubbed her down with something called black ops. I did brisket 378 my first success with it so it's a lucky charm. Lol

Finally got her on at 1:14 am. Put the beast on at 275 and will let it fall to about 240. I can get lower with the Yoder but I really gotta baby it. She like to run a little hot. So I go with the flow. Burning hickory splits with some cherry apple and pecan chunks.
I set my iGrill in front of the point at meat level so I know what's going on inside and I'm setting the low temp alarm. Off to take a nap.

Two hours in ding! Ding! Time to poke the fire!
Got a good nap but wacky dream.
Anyone good at interpreting?
I'm a teacher and I was dreaming that I was in a haunted house where all the workers were students. Im apparently working in the haunted house too. I'm in a room with vampires and suddenly the room is empty and instead of scaring people I'm the one being chased!
Then Ding! Poke the fire!
Any way...someone let me know what my dream means...I have a feeling and it's not a good one.

This is my second brisket on the Yoder and I'm still getting the hang of it. I'm changing on thing this time and it's the size of my splits. I have been on the Yoder community forums and I may have been using too small so hopefully I'll get lower temps.

Two hours in ding! Ding! Time to poke the fire!
Got a good nap but wacky dream.
Anyone good at interpreting?
I'm a teacher and I was dreaming that I was in a haunted house where all the workers were students. Im apparently working in the haunted house too. I'm in a room with vampires and suddenly the room is empty and instead of scaring people I'm the one being chased!
Then Ding! Poke the fire!
Any way...someone let me know what my dream means...I have a feeling and it's not a good one.

This is my second brisket on the Yoder and I'm still getting the hang of it. I'm changing on thing this time and it's the size of my splits. I have been on the Yoder community forums and I may have been using too small so hopefully I'll get lower temps.

They say if your being chased in a dream your running away from something. Maybe your running away from this brisket! Good luck on your cook. I like yoder cookers, I would have one if I wasn't in Japan.

Second time opening the lid and I have a meteor.
A quick probe to the point and it soft while the flat is tight as a tiger.
Rolled it in paper since it's the color I want and back on it goes. I won't check for another 4 hours.
I'm numbing the temp up to run 250-275.
My larger split experiment worked. I have been running, according to my igrill, 220-240 with a couple of spikes after adding wood. But overall much easier and less babying at the lower temps. Yea!:clap2:

Second time opening the lid and I have a meteor.
A quick probe to the point and it soft while the flat is tight as a tiger.
Rolled it in paper since it's the color I want and back on it goes. I won't check for another 4 hours.
I'm numbing the temp up to run 250-275.
My larger split experiment worked. I have been running, according to my igrill, 220-240 with a couple of spikes after adding wood. But overall much easier and less babying at the lower temps. Yea!:clap2:

Looks more like a Meatier.

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/melissaredhead/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsqohsewkv.jpeg.html

Back