MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #16
Smoke on Badger Mountain
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Josh

This has been fun but I'm going to fire up my stick burner now!

24"x52" Custom Offset, Black 22" Weber Kettle , Deep Ocean Blue 22' Weber Kettle, Camp Chef 2 burner w/ griddle. Char-Broil Table Top gas Grill, One very ugly drum, Nice drum coming soon.
Instagram @lumberjacksmokestack
[url]https://www.youtube.com/c/LumberjackSmokestack[/url]
Smoke on Badger Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 12-28-2015, 09:51 PM   #17
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Its so little. That could be a good thing but its expensive for the size. Would like all those grate/hanging options in any size drum though...gives one ideas for future designs.

Old 12-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #18
robert-r
is One Chatty Farker

It's a tad small, imho. Nice options as Smoke Ninja has pointed out.

I love my 14.5 WSM & the mods I have done to it, however the small diameter does limit things. Sometimes.... bigger is better.

Looks like it will find a spot in the little cooker category. However the deluxe model is approx $150 more than a 14.5 WSM. They are up against some tough competition.
robert-r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2015, 01:32 AM   #19
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

It will be most interesting to see where this thread and this product goes. This cooker is clearly a knock off of the PBC, and they better have serious marketing muscle to edge in as a competitor. (For those of you who don't know, I live, breathe, and eat marketing for a living, especially as it relates to the digital space. I live it so much I haven't posted on my BBQ blog in over a year! )

I gave an honest review of the PBC on my blog a while back. It turns out fine, fine, product.

Different cookers do some things better, though. This is why I sold my WSM. There's no way I could get ribs anywhere near as good on my UDS, or WSM compared to my Kamado. My UDS now serves as either a chicken rotisserie cooker, or Roadside chicken cooker, and when time permits, an open split rotiss burner that cranks out the best whole chickens ever, thanks to fwismoker.

Nonetheless, for the new backyard enthusiast who wants a simple, no hassle out-of-the box solution to create good quality BBQ, units like these serve a great purpose. Many folks just don't have the time or resources to build a custom UDS, and that's where a PBC or Barrel House can be a good start.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #20
Fwismoker

Anybody buy one yet? I see a BHC appreciation thread coming soon!

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #21
16Adams

Sunday School Teacher 40 years ago.

"You have to be confident enough in your own convictions to listen patiently to the convictions of others"

Doesn't mean you agree or disagree. You're just allowing them without judgement to be wrong.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:10 PM   #22
AClarke44
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
Anybody buy one yet? I see a BHC appreciation thread coming soon!
I think that'd be great. Then you can go tell all those guys how to cook on that cooker too!
22.5 Crimson Weber Premium
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Turker Fryer
LoCo 80qt crawfish kit

Re-homed cookers:
Black Weber OTG (Happy Hapgood)
Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)
Char-griller Akorn
28” Blackstone Pro Series
Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco

Check out the PBC Appreciation Thread!
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210239[/url]
AClarke44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #23
smoke ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by AClarke44 View Post
I think that'd be great. Then you can go tell all those guys how to cook on that cooker too!
Ooh burn!

Old 12-29-2015, 02:59 PM   #24
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
Ooh burn!
i think you meant...
Burn.jpg
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #25
Fwismoker

Quote:
Will do.... cause that meat hangin thing is haaaaaaaaard! After all someone needs to show them how to count out 36 pieces of charcoal correctly!

Actually Andrew they won't need much tutelage considering they'll already know that they didn't invent hanging meat. They'll probably have a picture of Noah in their clubhouse though so they can pay him homage. "Oh almighty Nohah please make my ribs and chicken turn out as good as hanging them last time!"

I'll practice on pumping up the new recruits......... Wow guys that some great looking BHC ribs you made there!!! Nothing the BHC can't do!!!

Last edited by Fwismoker; 12-29-2015 at 03:56 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #26
Fwismoker

I can't wait til next Thanks Giving to see all the glorious BHC turkeys cooked on the BHC!!!

At least in the interim we'll have some good pron from BHC chicken, BHC ribs and BHC brisket to take in!

Old 12-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #27
Bob C Cue
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Love is in the air!
Thermapen Classic
Thermoworks Smoke

[I]Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast[/I].
Bob C Cue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #28
AClarke44
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I can't wait til next Thanks Giving to see all the glorious BHC turkeys cooked on the BHC!!!

At least in the interim we'll have some good pron from BHC chicken, BHC ribs and BHC brisket to take in!
Yep just troll through that thread all the time too and I bet you'll get your wish! Then every chance you get you can talk about how they could have just built a jimmy and had a much better cooker ......you know because well you have one so it's gotta be the best.....right? Oh then you could make your own thread and call it ......I appreciate spinning my meat. ..hhhmm. Oh wait you already made that one. I just forgot because I haven't seen it in awhile. ....
LoCo 80qt crawfish kit

Re-homed cookers:
Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)
Char-griller Akorn
Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-29-2015, 04:42 PM   #29
Fwismoker

Quote:
Yep just troll through that thread all the time too and I bet you'll get your wish! Then every chance you get you can talk about how they could have just built a jimmy and had a much better cooker ......you know because well you have one so it's gotta be the best.....right? Oh then you could make your own thread and call it ......I appreciate spinning my meat. ..hhhmm. Oh wait you already made that one. I just forgot because I haven't seen it in awhile. ....
Oh Andrew it'll be alright little fella... Pretty soon you'll be bickering with your BHC cousins about who has the true hanging cooker.

Seriously If i have a choice between the two BHC vs PBC I'd go with the barrel house because it won't need any mods to cook the way I want it to. I like that you can get to the charcoal easy, built in therm, more adequate exhaust, can grill better, won't need magnets/foil for shut down and and most of all the adjustable intake! Oh and you'll be able to hang butts without having to pull and foil because you can put in a safety grate... Kinda reminds me of that jimmy cooker! Definitely solid in the BHC camp I gotta say.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:58 PM   #30
AClarke44
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Oh Andrew it'll be alright little fella... Pretty soon you'll be bickering with your BHC cousins about who has the true hanging cooker.

Seriously If i have a choice between the two BHC vs PBC I'd go with the barrel house because it won't need any mods to cook the way I want it to. I like that you can get to the charcoal easy, built in therm, can grill better and and most of all the adjustable intake! Kinda reminds me of that jimmy cooker! Definitely solid in the BHC camp I gotta say.
I won't be bickering with anyone who bought that cooker. I'll leave that for you as you've perfected the skill. You see I won't buy one so therefore I won't know what it cooks like or how the food tastes. On the contrary I'd probably just say things like "hey that chicken turned out looking great" or "that's a fine looking rack of ribs", ect. Because that's what I thought this forum was for and why it was so great. But, I've found that some here don't see it that way. Oh well.....

And as far as you being in the BHC camp, great! I would have bet money on that anyway. Maybe you should buy one and tell us how great it really is....
LoCo 80qt crawfish kit

Re-homed cookers:
Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)
Char-griller Akorn
Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco