Rat's famous pork tenderloin recipe

Rat........ butter is butter as you say but.... I normally cook with unsalted butter. With the soy, etc, probably makes very little difference but just want your thoughts. Thanks.

This appears to be a fantastic recipe.

Great tutorial! Can the leftover sauce be sauteed to cover the meat or would it be too strong?

Looks and sounds great. Btw, was that your wife's beer?

Thanks Rat, looks delicious! Is that regular or unsalted butter? :becky:

Marubozo's thread is obviously #1 on this forum, but fantastic
writing like this made me
bookmark the page -

grill the suckers until they are MEDIUM. Turn them every 4 or 5 minutes. That would be 145 degrees for anybody sophisticated enough to own an instant read thermometer. If you don't have one, quit being a cheap, amateurish schmuck and order one. Your friends and loved ones will think you've become a grilling God.

Tried it this week. Its great. Btw our Kroger keeps the elephant garlic but finally resorted to Amazon for the dark soy

I have a Berkie tenderloin I've been trying to decide what to do with. Thanks for posting, I will definitely be giving this a try.

Been away a while- hope everybody that tried this loves it.

I use unsalted butter because the soy has a fair amount of saltiness. Don't know if it matters since it only marinates a short time.

I've always directly grilled it over grey coals as I like the crust on the outside. You'll get some flare up from the butter.

Good Luck!

I rarely cook PT..because the flavor is meh...now we're talking. I will be watching for the Elephant garlic...when I find it....I'm going in....the soy...I can get at Asian market.

I agree with you on modded recipes. I will share a tried and true with friends...only to hear back..I changed this or that...I'm like " WHAT?!!!"

Can anyone recommend a good non Chinese brand of dark soy?

I went on a soy-sauce kick a month or so ago. Went to a giant asian market, and couldn't find ANY marked as Dark soy.

Looks like a Masterpiece!

I would like to try and make.

Thank you!

Back