What are sponsors looking for...???

chefman316

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have read plenty of post about the best way to contact a sponsor, but are they looking for anything in particular?

We are a new team, and we have had a bunch of top 10 calls already (no GC yet :eek:() but since we are a young team, we get a lot of visitors at contests and even more through our website and social media. Is that something that sponsors really pay attention to, or are they looking for just top performing teams?

So then if ROI is the driver, having multiple GCs is not as important as popularity and networking ability?

All companies are different in what they are looking for. We only ask the companies whos product we use. We offer to promote their products in our classes, at our comp sites, on our website and social media pages, and most of all...we offer honesty, integrity, and loyalty...

Looking at this from the standpoint of a business owner, here are the things I would ask first.

1. Do I like you, and do I like your team?
2. Are you professional in presenting yourself?
3. What does your public presence and persona say?
4. How much money or product do you need?
5. What areas do you compete in, and how often do you compete?
6. If I am providing a food product, do I like what you do with it?
7. Last, do you win, are you competitive?

It's not to say that I don't care about sponsoring a winning team, obviously there is value to winning, however, as is the case in most businesses, how you present my product and name matters the most, and how you present yourself reflects my name once I become a sponsor. I wouldn't want to be associated with someone that does not reflect my values just because they win, nor would I want to be associated with a guy who makes mediocre food, but, approach and marketing is a lot about how you act and behave.

Back