Ottumwa Iowa?

B

Buster Dog BBQ

I know it's on KCBS calendar but has anyone heard anything about this contest for this year?

Yes...I got a letter this monthfrom them about them looking forward to seeing us again, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure they had a app enclosed as well but I can't seem to locate it (imagine that)

Here is a link to the website, looks like it has updated info
http://www.bridgeviewcenter.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=143

FWIW, we cooked this last year and I thought it was a very well run event especially for the first year (except the judges clearly didn't know what good Q tasted like:shock:, kidding of course...I bet you can guess how I did:wink:). The tried really hard to keep the cooks happy, free ice, lots of volunteers, etc

Thanks, Joe. I Googled it and ended up at a different site from last year.

Just looked at it. $250 is pretty steep if they still only pay the top 5. I guess you gotta cover the buffet. Wish they had payouts on the site.

yep, that was the big complaint last year as well...entry fee is a little steep for the payout and location. If you need power and a big space its probably in line with most as they are included

u see I caught that.... husky folks don't miss news about grubbing!

Just looked at it. $250 is pretty steep if they still only pay the top 5. I guess you gotta cover the buffet. Wish they had payouts on the site.

How about $150 for the backyard contest and all you cook is ribs. Day-ham!

Thursday night Moe.Get your grub on!
I whined to them last year about the price. Their response was that they had high payouts...Like I would know what those are...

oh i will be there then on thurs for some eats and drinks.

From what I understood of the buffet Moe is it was Thursday night and it was seafood including jumbo shrimp and lobster, many other good buffet items and an open bar. Now, some of that may not be 100% accurate as I was hearing 3rd hand on that.

Mike, I talked to them in Marshalltown and told them the price wasn't that great and Bobby and I told them to lower the price and skip the buffet since it was Thursday night as not all teams are able to come out then.

Hmmmmmm. I just can't figure it out, about going to this one or going to PoorQue and get me some of that $70 total purse.... Decisions decisions.

Hmmmmmm. I just can't figure it out, about going to this one or going to PoorQue and get me some of that $70 total purse.... Decisions decisions.
Ha. I looked at that one last night Scottie and had to read every form them thinking they had a typo someplace.

Talked to the organizer. You get 4 buffet tickets on thur night.

payouts for each category are $750, 500, 300, 200, 100.

GC $1,000 RGC $750.

Todd, backyard ribs pays $300, 200, 100.

Still iffy on this one.

If you guys haven't seen it yet, check out King of Kong. It's a movie made about some Ottumwa guys and shows how they staked their claim to video game capital of the world.

I'm with Divemaster - A nuclear bomb could hit their main street and Ottumwa would still be known for Corporal Walter O'Reilly.

I'm with Divemaster - A nuclear bomb could hit their main street and Ottumwa would still be known for Corporal Walter O'Reilly.

Don't forget Tim Arnold. Also it is the "Video Game Capital of the World"
Anyone ever seen the movie "King of Kong"? lol.

Oops. missed the part what B-Dog talked about KOK. My bad.

Last edited:
Back