My New UDS Smoker

Rodsboots

Knows what a fatty is.
I am going to be raffling this off in support of my son's football team. he is an amazing 9 yo Cornerback.
We are going to a Tournament in San Diego in June, we want to raise enough money so nothing comes out of parents pockets.
I had a ball building this one.

Attachments

• New Flame Smoker.jpg
    New Flame Smoker.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 364
Thanks for the kind words, It's still missing the hardware, I painted everything in high temp auto paint so I hope it stays for a while.
All hardware was painted Silver and Clear Coated several times. I can't wait til it's done. I have nine more barels to build these. I can't wait to see what the next one is going to be like

That is a great paint job!!!!!...some pics and some tips about painting would greatly be appreciated...I don't really know much about painting so it would really help me in the future builds...

That is a great paint job!!!!!...some pics and some tips about painting would greatly be appreciated...I don't really know much about painting so it would really help me in the future builds...

I burned the origional paint off with a weed burner, then sanded it down
first 2 coats were Flat Black 1200 degree paint for engines.. then I just painted the whole thing Red with 500 degree paint (hope that's enough)
the flames were done by hand with a can of spray paint and a piece of cut out wavey paper. The shiny black went on top and bottom next after several coats of that, I finished it with High temp (500degree) clear coats.
This is the first time I painted any of my UDS's this elaborate.. it was a pain in the anus!

first 2 coats were Flat Black 1200 degree paint for engines.. then I just painted the whole thing Red with 500 degree paint (hope that's enough)
the flames were done by hand with a can of spray paint and a piece of cut out wavey paper. The shiny black went on top and bottom next after several coats of that, I finished it with High temp (500degree) clear coats.
This is the first time I painted any of my UDS's this elaborate.. it was a pain in the anus!

I did mine with gloss black 500 degree paint. Looks great after 4 cooks.

What are you doing for a fire basket?

beautiful work there!:clap2::clap2:

A pictorial would be excellent if you can spare the time. I may try giving the Meat Beast this flame treatment IF under your picture guidance my ten thumbs can manage not to louse it up.

beautiful work there!:clap2::clap2:

A pictorial would be excellent if you can spare the time. I may try giving the Meat Beast this flame treatment IF under your picture guidance my ten thumbs can manage not to louse it up.

I'm actually going to put a how to video together to give away.

The things I like most about these smokers.. there's no set way, no set plan.. the goal is good food..
I still want my Stumps but I think I'd rather build it myself and add the little doo dads as I go along. It's too easy and fun not to..

Back