THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZILLA

is One Chatty Farker
Wow! Just got back from the American Legion Post 618 12th Annual 40 & 8 Cookoff.

What is "Forty and Eight"? Read more about that here.
http://fortyandeight.org/background.htm

This cookoff was in Willis, Texas about 20 miles north of Conroe, Texas. It was above 100 all weekend down here with clear skies and man that's a challenge to cook in. The earth in Willis is this fine silty soil and with the full body of sweat and a fan and occasional breeze we were encapsulated in a thin layer of dirt in no time. I was so filthy by last night I had to shower twice to get all the dirt off of me.

Don't get me wrong we had a great time and we cooked some great BBQ. We (Crapshoot BBQ) got Reserve GC in a tie with the great Don Canterbury. His brisket score was higher so he took the GC. His 5th in a row no less. If you don't know him he's a great guy and a great cook.

I hope everyone had a good time this weekend, and I'm glad that no one fell out due to the heat cause it was a hot!! The full results will be posted on TGCBCA web site as soon as Texana (Craig) can post them. Here are the top 10 overall winners.

10th Smokey & The Bandits

9th VFW 4709

8th The Pit Crew #2

7th We B Smokin too (Don Canterbury's wife Jan)

6th Get er Done

5th Pitmaster

4th Lady Pitmaster

3rd Last Call

Res Grand - Crapshoot BBQ

Grand Champ - We Be Smokin

Congrats to you Zilla and also your sidekick Texana. Just one question, who was in charge of the chicken?:p

Back