The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

So i was checking out the Memphis tonight, I need :help:

LOL fellas, not sure where I'm at but I keep looking at other options for some reason

LOL fellas, not sure where I'm at but I keep looking at other options for some reason

I stand firmly by my original opinion... if you’re not gonna use it as a grill, you are not gonna experience a 100% performance or food improvement vs what you are currently cooking on. If it’s all about low n slow and roasting/baking... then what you have is perfect, not to mention you are already happy with it.

Have you checked out the Memphis Grill owners FB page lately? The grass is not always greener on the other side...lol. There have been a fair number of complaints and gripes recently (mainly cost vs performance/reliability), with more than one owner flat out saying they regret their purchase.

I stand firmly by my original opinion... if you’re not gonna use it as a grill, you are not gonna experience a 100% performance or food improvement vs what you are currently cooking on. If it’s all about low n slow and roasting/baking... then what you have is perfect, not to mention you are already happy with it.

Have you checked out the Memphis Grill owners FB page lately? The grass is not always greener on the other side...lol. There have been a fair number of complaints and gripes recently (mainly cost vs performance/reliability), with more than one owner flat out saying they regret their purchase.

Wow....just perused through a few posts on the Memphis page. Glad I didn’t buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only issue I have had with my Memphis is when I drowned the ignitor rod and shorted it out. Memphis promptly diagnosed the issue over the phone and I had a new rod within a couple of days.

If you are not going to use it for grilling, I honestly wouldnt get it if I were you as you will likely not see a huge difference in low and slow cooking with what you have......UNLESS you just WANT it.

My Yoder cooked very well...yeah, the rust issues irritated me to no end, but how the food turned out, it was great....but for some reason I kept looking at the Memphis units and I just WANTED one! When I made a random call to check the price, I was honestly shocked at the price they quoted me...so I bought a Pro on the spot (and then called back 5 minutes later and changed the order to the Elite). It was kind of an impulse buy, but all in all, I am happy I did it...I grill and reverse sear 5x more than I smoke butts, brisket, ribs, etc so for me, it works out well. Lately I have been turning out bbq that is certainly the equal of the Yoder cooked food as well. The Memphis cooking app isnt as good as GMG's or Mak (being able to program cooks), but it works fine

only issue I have had with my Memphis is when I drowned the ignitor rod and shorted it out. Memphis promptly diagnosed the issue over the phone and I had a new rod within a couple of days.

If you are not going to use it for grilling, I honestly wouldnt get it if I were you as you will likely not see a huge difference in low and slow cooking with what you have......UNLESS you just WANT it.

My Yoder cooked very well...yeah, the rust issues irritated me to no end, but how the food turned out, it was great....but for some reason I kept looking at the Memphis units and I just WANTED one! When I made a random call to check the price, I was honestly shocked at the price they quoted me...so I bought a Pro on the spot (and then called back 5 minutes later and changed the order to the Elite). It was kind of an impulse buy, but all in all, I am happy I did it...I grill and reverse sear 5x more than I smoke butts, brisket, ribs, etc so for me, it works out well. Lately I have been turning out bbq that is certainly the equal of the Yoder cooked food as well. The Memphis cooking app isnt as good as GMG's or Mak (being able to program cooks), but it works fine
I wouldn't have any issues with owning a Memphis at all, it was MAK or Memphis for me and I went back and forth quite a bit. I'm very happy with the MAK but I'm sure I'd feel the same about the Memphis.

Grilling really wasn’t a consideration for me. I wanted the best pellet smoker. I love my Weber Kettle, and my PK Classic is great for small cooks. They’re my go to grills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have any issues with owning a Memphis at all, it was MAK or Memphis for me and I went back and forth quite a bit. I'm very happy with the MAK but I'm sure I'd feel the same about the Memphis.

Same. I’m considering getting a Memphis at some point while also keeping my Mak. I definitely got bit by the pellet bug

Same. I’m considering getting a Memphis at some point while also keeping my Mak. I definitely got bit by the pellet bug
Thankfully I'm more than good with what I got.

Thing is I could see myself using both. Not for functional purposes. They’re just toys to me.

Thing is I could see myself using both. Not for functional purposes. They’re just toys to me.

I hear ya! The struggle is definitely real. After 25 years, I think I have finally come out of the “constant buy/sell/buy/sell” cooker syndrome. My MAK and 26.75” Weber kettle have done me well and kept me content for almost 2 years now. I think that’s a record for me... lol. I do have a 36” Blackstone griddle that I absolutely love. Having a large family and entertaining often, I have been thinking about selling it and buying the 48” 6 burner Camp Chef griddle. We shall see ;)

The wait is almost over, my Mak is on the truck out for delivery.

You're going to love it. Do call MAK direct, if you have any issues. They are great and want to you to be happy with your new smoker. Congrats, for when you get it.

Back