Kindling Cracker

I have one. Definitely worth it. Northern tool has them on sale frequently.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You might be the only one that doesn't have one. [emoji23]
They do go on sale.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have one too, the XL one. Game changer for smaller stick burners. Full size split will run too hot. Half that split every 20 mins maintains perfect 250-275 in my BBQ.

My sourced wood has already been quartered - you think just the regular size would work for making smaller splits or do I need the XL

Go with the XL.
I love mine.
Wish I would have had one years ago.

I bought one and haven't really had much luck with it. I used a heavy sledge type hammer and the thing maybe isn't sharp enough. I don't really know but I couldn't get my splits to split again.

I bought one and haven't really had much luck with it. I used a heavy sledge type hammer and the thing maybe isn't sharp enough. I don't really know but I couldn't get my splits to split again.
Look at the grain when splitting. It's harder if it's not lined up.

My sourced wood has already been quartered - you think just the regular size would work for making smaller splits or do I need the XL
The XL. You never know and the price isn't too much more.

I got mine for Christmas. With my RA it really helps with making smaller splits.

Pharking genius! What’s the best size, bros? I have rock hard Red oak splits and that stuff can be hard as nails. Twists and knots and few perpendicular ends compound the problem. No room for a gas splitter. A maul, wedges, steel toe boots and safety glasses is the norm...

Thanks

That and an alligator lopper. Two of the best inventions for bbq.

Pharking genius! What’s the best size, bros? I have rock hard Red oak splits and that stuff can be hard as nails. Twists and knots and few perpendicular ends compound the problem. No room for a gas splitter. A maul, wedges, steel toe boots and safety glasses is the norm...

Thanks
Twists and knots? You better have a big mallet. In my experience the splitter does not do well except on straight grain logs/splits.

Thanks

You are going to want a hydraulic splitter for that. Harbor Freight has affordable hand pump ones on sale from time to time.

Back