Plate Rib Lollipops

BGEChicago

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Started my BGE yesterday asked the wife what she wanted for dinner, she finally decided at noon she wanted the frozen plate ribs and wanted to eat at 6:00 P.M. Great, thaw out plate ribs and cook in under 6 hours, I have found that getting the meat away from bone makes it cook faster, also my daughter this it looks cool. So once thawed I cut 75% off the bone and seasoned with S+P and tied back. I used Texas post oak to smoke.

Going on:
picture.php
[/IMG]

After some time, I threw on beans, corn and potatoes, I'm hungry so lets eat:
picture.php
[/IMG]

Plated:
picture.php

Then I threw this cherry cobbler on:
picture.php
[/IMG]

Man was this good:
picture.php
[/IMG]

Thanks for looking,
Greg

I love beef ribs. Looks delicious!

That's a cool trick with the bones, Greg!

You folks sure did eat well, man. Great looking grub.

Although I'm a BGE fan, you folks seem to be awful fun. I think with all the warm support I'll be posting a lot more around here, thanks to all for the support and encouragement for this thing we call BBQ!

Interesting and nice presentation! But did it cook faster? I would think opposite and the meat would cook faster attached to the bone.

No sir ULC, it indeed cook quicker. I cook low when the the protein is in, I try to stay below 250 and I didn't actually get them on until 1:30 so total cook time for the ribs were 3.5 hours, I think that was pretty quick, well it probably shaved off 45 minutes... I'm a big believer in slow and LOW.. so 45 minutes quicker is quick... Your mileage may vary :wink:

Great looking meal! Any details you can share on the cherry cobbler?

Very well done!!! I'm very jealous that you're able to source Texas post oak from Chicago!

Back