Lang vs Mak vs WSM taste test

BKING!

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Not my video but a good watch. As someone who has owned a Mak, a wsm, and a reverse flow stick burner I have to agree with everything he said. You get a slight hint of charcoal flavor mixed with the wood flavor in the charcoal smoker and it’s all wood flavor in the Mak and stick burner. Grease dripping make a difference too obviously.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U90wdwjXS0I

My personal experience is that of the 3 that charcoal is smokier while the stick burner and my Mak are slightly lighter in smoke flavor. Things tend to come out darker in the charcoal smoker which is also my experience.

My personal opinion is to pick whichever suits your cooking style or needs or simply own all three like this guy lol All three make awesome bbq

Saw this a week or so ago. Great video and assessment! I agree with you... good cue can be had from all 3 cookers. Boils down to knowing your cooker and making it dance in a way that pleases you and yours :)

I’d have to agree with his assessment also. I know that I really dislike strong charcoal flavor now (after cooking for almost a decade with lump). For pure taste, I definitely prefer pellets and sticks these days

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back