MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #16
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Glad to see some real world info on it, but to claim it’s the only pellet grill that can properly sear is ludicrous. That said, for the money, it might well
Be tough to beat for a grand or so...red tec, gmg, etc just got some interesting competition for sure. I’d like to see one in action....I do not like the plated metal racks (done for cost reasons I’m sure)

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #17
Bacchus2b
is One Chatty Farker

I was pleasantly surprised at the price point. I would have guessed closer to the $1,899 to $1,999 range. If it can grill well, I might consider trading in my Summit gasser for that.
Cookshack FEC-100
Weber Summit 420 Gasser
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26" Kettle
PK Classic Grill
Bacchus2b is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #18
tom b
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'd like to give it a test drive for sure. Who is going to be first here to get one and review it on here?

Old 11-18-2019, 06:37 PM   #19
scotts1919
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom b View Post
I'd like to give it a test drive for sure. Who is going to be first here to get one and review it on here?
I am going to pre-order it December 2nd. Well see when it actually ships, they are saying early 2020 but the definition of early varies. Some companies will get units early and probably provide some insight on how it works.

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-18-2019, 07:46 PM   #20
SmokyDick
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Rich

The warranty is what puts me off. I buy weber for the warranty and you can get a pitboss cheaper with the same warranty period.
SmokyDick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2019, 07:56 PM   #21
mbshop
Babbling Farker

If i get a pooper, take my man card away.

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-18-2019, 08:55 PM   #22
CrabbyAppleton
Knows what a fatty is.

That Weber is going to be popular. Like others, I am happy with my present pooper, but this thing is well designed, has superior ideas, like the auger with a chute to create a break between the pellet supply and the fire box. The slottted Fire box that lets ash drop out, the pellet dump, 4 probe inputs etc. Again, like others, I am gonna wait and see if it has bugs, especially wifi. But, my spider sense tells me Weber is not going to have a lot of issues.

Probably I will get one of these. A cool experiment would be cranking that sucker to 600 with a plate of iron or a pizza stone in there and trying to cook a pizza!

Old 11-18-2019, 09:41 PM   #23
arclite
is one Smokin' Farker

The Weber is the first pellet I've had any interest in purchasing. It could be an interesting spring...

Old 11-19-2019, 06:21 AM   #24
SlickRockStones
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Gary

Pretty sure this grill will be a hit. However, it sticks in my craw a bit to spend $1200 plus for the privilege of plopping my first ribeye on the same type grate as a $30 smoky joe. Bring back the reversible porcelain CI type grates like the old Silver gassers or stainless as standard.
SlickRockStones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2019, 06:28 AM   #25
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRockStones View Post
Pretty sure this grill will be a hit. However, it sticks in my craw a bit to spend $1200 plus for the privilege of plopping my first ribeye on the same type grate as a $30 smoky joe. Bring back the reversible porcelain CI type grates like the old Silver gassers or stainless as standard.
This kinda stuck out to me as well. I have no desire to ever use non SS grates
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2019, 06:42 AM   #26
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'll wait for JasonTQ to get some on a clearance sale.

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2019, 06:46 AM   #27
Cat797
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ed

I don't know why, because I love my Yoder, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be selling my Yoder in the spring and getting one of these units! I love most of the features. I could care less about the lack of stainless grates. I have mild steel expanded metal in my Yoder. Love the auger set up, ash/grease pan, and low pellet light. We will see about the sear function........

Ed

Old 11-19-2019, 07:03 AM   #28
Raider18
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

I prefer wood and charcoal but pellet grills have their place IMO. I don't get the claim as being the first pellet grill to get a proper sear. I've never used one, but doesn't the RecTec Bullseye sear pretty well? Also months ago Kamado Joe introduced their Pellet Grill that works just like the bullseye, but better quality and it sears like a mofo too.
Raider18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2019, 08:07 AM   #29
Crispy Bacon
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Crispy

I’ll wait for real world reviews as well. Not American made, no stainless grates. Seems pretty smal even with the half upper rack! I’ll give the warranty on the electronics is on par for everyone else but not for the body. Need a 10 year on the body like their gassers.
Crispy Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2019, 08:18 AM   #30
Raider18
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Baby Back Maniac (YouTube) just uploaded a video on this as Weber invited him up to check it out. Solid video.
Raider18 is offline   Reply With Quote