High Plains Indian Shenanigans - w/Pr0n (semi-ongoing)

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Friday, Farkers & Farkettes!

I'm wrapping up a ridiculously busy week, and I've got a hankering for some Indian!

This is a link to the last time (in recent memory) that we cooked up "an Indian." - Tonight should be roughly the same with a couple of tweaks.

I'd like to make something like Chicken Tikka Masala, so I need a marinade for my chicken. Usually I make the recipe that's in the link above, but we have a box in the pantry that I need to use up, so here goes.

yruhhu8l.jpg

Chicken Thighs resting for a couple of hours (that's what happens when we "Get creative" over Friday lunch):

hHEsLaYl.jpg

CINCHOUSE / HOUSE-SIX also requested some Chapli Kebabs (like last time in the link above), so I whipped up a batch:

y8wbo9xl.jpg

This time, we're using ground turkey, and I doubled the yogurt in the recipe to hopefully help with the dryness from last cook. Into the fridge for a couple of hours to get the flavors to meld.

Xar4IoNl.jpg

The Chapli Kekabs need a good chutney to cut through the richness. Coriander / Green Chutney (recipe in link above)... about a 1/2 portion through the blender:

iqGPDail.jpg

l5KVSnJl.jpg

22" Kettle fired up with the Vortex and some lump. Oh, look at that... a mini-grease fire from last weekend's ribs and fatty. Oops. It'll buff out. Probably needed to burn off anyway.

Chicken going on in a couple of minutes. More to follow.

“Whip up something “??
I think that is Code for talent :-D

You certainly do have some culinary skills there, Marc. Have you been hanging out in the mess halls during your down time? Whatever the reason, you really do have some interesting cooks. Nice start!

I must have missed my invite Marc.

You are always welcome, Marty... just give us a 12-24 hour heads-up.

It's problematic when I finally get a chance to sit down over coffee with CINCHOUSE and discuss the weekend's meal plan around 1100L on a Friday. We tend to forget to push those out to the USPS until too late.

Time to get rolling on this CTM.

Start off with some good ghee.

V42FKXSl.jpg

Cook up some onions. Add ginger and garlic and cook until they get fragrant (it won't be long).

sXVCFtLl.jpg

Add Mr. Patak's Hot Curry Paste, and stir.

o7KQHpyl.jpg

When it smells ridiculous, stir a couple of times... add a can of diced tomatoes and chicken from those Chicken Tikka Thighs.

glRlw8xl.jpg

Simmer for a bit.

Almost time to eat.

CzvR226h.jpg

Happy Friday from our house to yours.

Sick munchkin just dabbled and nibbled at her plate.

Momma has Christmas music playing, and we're settled in for the night.

Kind regards and thin blue from East Bumblefark, NM.

STELLAR! :thumb: Be careful how fancy you get on that grill.In just over 100 days you are gonna have to come up with delishious cooks like that more regularly! They are used to it now.You will have to continue to raise that already lofty bar. :thumb:

So I log onto my favorite BBQ site, and I get a short course in Indian cooking? I love this place!

That looks sooo wonderful :clap2: Great job Marc!
Exactly where are you shopping in East Bumblefark that carries ghee?

Mods can move these shenanigans as they need too. No heartburn here.

I've learned more about all sorts of great cuisine from here than I ever imagined.

Exactly where are you shopping in East Bumblefark that carries ghee?

Don't tell nobody... but Albertsons carries ghee (occasionally).

Back