DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I haven’t been very active recently due to us being on WW to lose weight, busy at work and getting ready for our Christmas light display*, but I wanted to get one cook in before Thanksgiving. (* So busy that I’m just now getting this posted on Saturday)

For the "Soups, Stews, & Chili" Throwdown going on right now (Link: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4532464#post4532464) I decided to make a nice and healthy White Bean Chicken Breast Chili.

Recipe:
3 lbs. chicken, boneless breasts or thighs. (I used 4 boneless breasts, grilled & cubed)
2 tbsp. EVO
1 large yellow onion
1 Anaheim chiles, seeded & diced
1 Poblano chile, seeded & diced
1 Bell pepper, seeded & diced (I used ½ green and ½ red)
2 tbsp. minced garlic
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. chili power
1 tbsp. chipotle chili power
1 tbsp. cumin power
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Mexican oregano
1 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. black pepper
½ bunch fresh cilantro (minced)
2 (15.5 oz.) cans white beans (Drained & rinsed)
1 (15.5 oz.) can pinto beans (Drained & rinsed and only because I didn’t have a 3rd cans of white beans)
1 (15.5 oz.) can corn (Drained & rinsed)
2 (15.5 oz.) cans chicken stock

For the sauce: (all these were roasted (except the cilantro) before going into the blender)
10 small to medium tomatillos
2 Anaheim chiles, seeded & diced
1 Poblano chile, seeded & diced
1 Jalapeno chile, seeded & diced
½ yellow onion (quartered)
6 cloves garlic
½ bunch fresh cilantro

I started out grilling the chicken breast on the Redhead on Monday.

Tuesday, I assembled some of the ingredients and had my wife get a few items that I was short on.

I diced up the onion and chiles, assembled the seasoning and spread out the chicken to cube up.

Started roasting the chiles, onion, garlic and tomatillos for the sauce.

While that was happening, I started heating up the Dutch oven and threw in the diced-up veggies.

Now I moved everything over the coals to really get them going with a nice char.

Once the veggies had started to soften, I added the seasoning.

Everything is ready so took the roasted items inside.

Next, I added the flour to the seasoned veggies.

I gave that a stir and added in the beans, corn

and chicken stock and brought it to a boil.

Now I added the cubed-up chicken and let it simmer.

Inside I skinned and seeded the chiles and added everything to the blender.

Stirred the chili

and added the sauce to it.

I stirred this in and brought it inside and added the minced cilantro.

Now I plated some into a bowl, added some sour cream and some cilantro for garnish.

This was delicious and the heat profile was just right.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
That looks like a very satisfying and tasty bowl of chili! I was thinking about the pics myself, you do a fantastic step by step instruction.

That looks great! I'm going to have to try that recipe.
Thank you George
Good to see you posting again, that looks great. I love it when someone posts more cook's photos than I do. :laugh::laugh::clap2:
Thank you Wayne. I do go a little overboard sometimes. :-D
That looks like a very satisfying and tasty bowl of chili! I was thinking about the pics myself, you do a fantastic step by step instruction.
Thank you Ron.

That is next level white chili. I really like white chili and don't know why I never made it. This is the perfect inspiration. Your post is great to follow to make some, thanks!

Back