New Smoker Finally Getting Built

grizzly0925

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Pretty pumped about my new cooker being built by GreenMoneyFab out of NJ. Hit some hiccups along the way but can't wait to post pics of the unit. I was going to originally sell it after being built due to some financial stressors. Then my wife left me so i decided something good mind as well happen this year HAHA!

120 gallon in size
Collapsible stack
grill top and some other extras. Can't wait to share it with the page. Hopefully will be done by the new year!

Going to be loading up with some wood soon what is your favorite species to cook with?

Gonna try to get a half cord of cherry oak mixed.

They make some nice pits. Congrats.
I like cherry and hickory, and there all over the place in my area.

Sorry to hear about the whirlwind that is life, but I'm glad you're able to see the silver lining. A good offset smoker is a massive quality of life upgrade in my opinion, and it has often kept me sane when I'm alone for long periods of time. As for hardwoods I honestly prefer pecan + cherry. That combination has produce the best product for me and it's something I've really gravitated to over the years.

That being said really the best wood is well seasoned wood which is available in your area. As long as you're burning a clean fire it's pretty much impossible to "over-smoke" your food. The only caveat here is mesquite...a little bit of mesquite goes a hell of a long way even with a clean fire. I reserve my cured mesquite for brisket and beef short rib cooks ONLY. Mind you this is my opinion and we all know the business about opinions.

Good luck with your smoker and I'm excited to see pics or a review if you're willing. I've heard very little about Green Money Fab, but the pics on their website look like they're making some good stuff.

Hope things go well with the new smoker. NJ should have plenty of oak, cherry, maybe hickory and maple. Season it well and it should all work just fine!

Sorry to hear about the whirlwind that is life, but I'm glad you're able to see the silver lining. A good offset smoker is a massive quality of life upgrade in my opinion, and it has often kept me sane when I'm alone for long periods of time. As for hardwoods I honestly prefer pecan + cherry. That combination has produce the best product for me and it's something I've really gravitated to over the years.

That being said really the best wood is well seasoned wood which is available in your area. As long as you're burning a clean fire it's pretty much impossible to "over-smoke" your food. The only caveat here is mesquite...a little bit of mesquite goes a hell of a long way even with a clean fire. I reserve my cured mesquite for brisket and beef short rib cooks ONLY. Mind you this is my opinion and we all know the business about opinions.

Good luck with your smoker and I'm excited to see pics or a review if you're willing. I've heard very little about Green Money Fab, but the pics on their website look like they're making some good stuff.

I will def. be posting a review up and some pics once it is finished for sure.

Back