2nd annual MAK Brethren Group Buy deal is almost here :)

My MAK 2* puts out great smoke in 275-300 degree range. I’ve grilled & smoked on mine all winter. We even had some 6 degree days too. I had no problems. This grill is built really well & it just cooks. The pellet boss & the roaming TC are great. I use mine probably 2-3 times a week all year long. You can’t beat the reliability of this grill or the customer service @ MAK!! If you’re seriously thinking about getting one. I would say get it. I’ve not regretted it at all!!

Sorry, one other question...what is the smoke output like at 275? For me, the big knock on other pellet cookers I’ve used (not Maks), is that you really only get a lot of smoke flavor when cooking at 225 and down (if not using a tube). Is that the same with the Mak? I know I won’t get the same smoke I get on my offset at 275-300, but I’d like to get close. Thanks again all. If the Maks for you, this group buy is a great deal! Thanks Robb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a beef chuck I did a couple of weeks ago at 275F using Lumberjack MHC

This is from the middle of the cook, I don't have finishing shots.

You can see the beautiful color it is taking, and the drifting smoke after I opened the lid.

Attachments

• IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 193
I have 5 gift cards. 1 Mastercard and 4 Visa for a total of $945.00. One of them is only $20.00 so I could eliminate that and I would be at $925.00 but I would also need to use another credit card if acceptable. Only one way to find out.

Only hesitation I have is, I am no spring chicken, if I should expire, not sure anyone in the family would want it. In this area, might be tough to sell it and if you did, not sure you would get much for it but I am not sure about that.

My 1* produces fantastic smoke across the entire temp range. I recently switched doing wings in my kettle with a vortex to my MAK set at 400. Remove the smoke plates and grill on top rack. My wife commented the first time that they have more smoke/grill flavor than the kettle and said she wanted them on the MAK from now on. Sold the kettle and never looked back. Remove the smoke plates and buy a set of grill grates. It will sear and grill better than any gas cooker. I’d sell my gasser today, but it’s the only cooker I own that has the rotisserie attachment. Pellet choice plays a big part of the smoke flavor. While the MAK will chew through any pellet, my family enjoys lumberjack. The flavor is spot on, gets hotter than “cheaper brands” and burns a bit longer. There are other great pellet brands out there as well, but that will influence the smoke profile.

I'm with you on that. Part of my motivation for purchasing my MAK 2* was that I could grill on it and replace the gasser that we use 3-4 times during the week when I don't have time or energy to be bothered. My biggest concern was having enough ooomph to cook in the winter temps. That has not been an issue as I've been grilling through the wind and snow. The very first cooks were steak and salmon, both high heat and my wife commented on how much better it tasted with the smoke. Yes, it is absolutely noticeable on a fast cook at 450*, and my wife can blindly tell me which pellet wood was used. I haven't used my gasser or my oval since my purchase. The only thing holding me back from getting rid of the others is grill space for when we entertain (again). I'm really eyeing enviously Robb's 3*.

Spoke with MAK Grills again, and in addition to the Brethren Group Buy deal, they are also going to offer product (details to come) incentives if we hit 20, 25 and 35 units sold. The incentives given at each step will stack on top of the previous incentive. If we hit 35 cookers sold, let’s just say we are talking hundreds of $$’s in incentives to each new MAK owner :)

Last year we hit 29 sold. Would be awesome to see 35+ this year!

What would you say the capacity difference is between the 1 and 2 star in terms of ribs, briskets, pork butts, steaks and hamburgers?

Spoke with MAK Grills again, and in addition to the Brethren Group Buy deal, they are also going to offer product (details to come) incentives if we hit 20, 25 and 35 units sold. The incentives given at each step will stack on top of the previous incentive. If we hit 35 cookers sold, let’s just say we are talking hundreds of $$’s in incentives to each new MAK owner :)

Last year we hit 29 sold. Would be awesome to see 35+ this year!

I think we can assume PJ will be purchasing 4 or 5 units so we should be off to a good start.

What would you say the capacity difference is between the 1 and 2 star in terms of ribs, briskets, pork butts, steaks and hamburgers?

Capacity difference will come in to play for low profile items like jerky, chicken parts, ribs, etc. The 2 Star can handle up to 3 upper greater whereas the 1 Star has a slot for 1 upper grate. I will say though, that with just 1 upper grate, you can feed a small army from either cooker as the both have 858 sq” when you add 1 full upper grate. Small footprint cookers with big capacity :)

Here’s a rib cook on my 2 Star just to give you an idea...

2c57b49233479bea3b4dddfe5ce29a9a.jpg

For grilling things like burgers and steaks... the cooking real estate is identical between the two.

Just in time for some people to spend that tax return money. Hopefully it will be as or more successful than last year.

I am also interested in this group buy. Been looking for an excuse to tango with a pellet smoker. You guys wont STFU about it so it must mean something is quality.

Rwalters, idk if it's already been asked. Are they doing discounts on accessories or just the grills.?
Ps for the folks looking, now is the time to get one. Awesome unit.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Rwalters, idk if it's already been asked. Are they doing discounts on accessories or just the grills.?
Ps for the folks looking, now is the time to get one. Awesome unit.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

No discount on accessories, but look at reply #46 above :)

I have 5 gift cards. 1 Mastercard and 4 Visa for a total of $945.00. One of them is only $20.00 so I could eliminate that and I would be at $925.00 but I would also need to use another credit card if acceptable. Only one way to find out.

Only hesitation I have is, I am no spring chicken, if I should expire, not sure anyone in the family would want it. In this area, might be tough to sell it and if you did, not sure you would get much for it but I am not sure about that.

If you 'expired' before delivery, I'm sure there would be little trouble selling it on to someone else.

Regarding selling after you have enjoyed and 'expire', I think you would be surprised about selling it on. First, you only need one buyer and, secondly, there aren't that many similar options in your part of the world.

Case in point, when I found my AZ BBQ Grills here in Texas ~150 miles away, I bought it. I am still watching for a clean "Long Weekender"! :wink:

Seriously, post lockdown craziness in that part of the world, I'm thinking of you New York primarily but, you're not alone, I may 'vacation' in that part of the USA and I know what my SOUVENIER will be! :biggrin:

My 1* produces fantastic smoke across the entire temp range. I recently switched doing wings in my kettle with a vortex to my MAK set at 400. Remove the smoke plates and grill on top rack. My wife commented the first time that they have more smoke/grill flavor than the kettle and said she wanted them on the MAK from now on. Sold the kettle and never looked back. Remove the smoke plates and buy a set of grill grates. It will sear and grill better than any gas cooker. I’d sell my gasser today, but it’s the only cooker I own that has the rotisserie attachment. Pellet choice plays a big part of the smoke flavor. While the MAK will chew through any pellet, my family enjoys lumberjack. The flavor is spot on, gets hotter than “cheaper brands” and burns a bit longer. There are other great pellet brands out there as well, but that will influence the smoke profile.

I believe I saw on MAK's website that they do not recommend using grill grates as it could produce too much heat and damage the grill. Thoughts?

Grill grates work fine Bob, just don't cover the whole grill surface. I believe that is so you don't ever restrict air flow.

Back