Gourmet Duck Fat Spray

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I’m on my third can of Gourmet Duck Fat Spray. Each can has stopped up. It’s an easy fix and the FAQ advises what to do. The straw stem and spray cap stop up with the spray. A couple seconds of hot water clears the stem and the cap I am GTG. Prices vary significantly on this product 8-15$+-

https://duckfatspray.com/faqs/

I just got some rendered duck fat on Amazon to try out soon (probably first cooking some veggies in the CI). The best fries I ever had were fried in duck fat so I’m definitely looking forward to using iTunes... so, as a guy that’s on his 3rd bottle, is there a huge difference from Pam spray? Like, maybe in the texture? The website you linked to mentions how little you use so I’m wondering just how much of a difference it makes vs regular spray veggie oil when it’s used in such relatively small amounts.

I just got some rendered duck fat on Amazon to try out soon (probably first cooking some veggies in the CI). The best fries I ever had were fried in duck fat so I’m definitely looking forward to using iTunes... so, as a guy that’s on his 3rd bottle, is there a huge difference from Pam spray? Like, maybe in the texture? The website you linked to mentions how little you use so I’m wondering just how much of a difference it makes vs regular spray veggie oil when it’s used in such relatively small amounts.

The duck fat sprays, I have seen, don't have the added chemicals, that Pam and other spray oils have. Duck fat also has a higher smoke point. I think the main reason to buy the spray, is if you are wanting to replace your Pam, with a healthier option though. If you are using duck fat for flavor, stick with the jars. And yes, nothing better than a duck fat fried potato.

This article may help

https://healinggourmet.com/healthy-cooking/cooking-with-duck-fat/

If you pick up a can in the store and shake it you do not feel a liquid swishing around. You feel a thud. Something is in there :) It’s my understanding that thud is a bladder of duck fat-similar to a box wine. However the bladder of duck fat is surrounded by compression. - I probably won’t buy it in the 12-16 per can range but as long as WM sells it at 8- it’s unique. As for taste it a clean richer taste to me and sure makes things you spray on the grill pretty. It’s also sold via Amazon where you can see the ingredients and read reviews.

I’m using it mostly as a slather. But other uses as well. I’ve never had the duck fat from jars here st home so I cannot compare. I’ve had the duck fat fries a couple times in a restaurant in downtown Great Falls MT. Maybe it was the atmosphere but they were a real treat.

Last edited:
I just picked up 3 cans from walmart.. Can't wait to try it.

Remember the hot water trick that’ll unstop the cap and stem. Doesn’t need to be boiling hot tap water coffee hot works in seconds

Have a bar here that has 71 beers on Tap, they do Duck Fat Fries and has pretty good pizza too. :mrgreen:

i just used some on smashed potatoes S+P and chix cordon blue and it is excellent. I removed the spray top and rinsed before next use might be the way to go. Thx Adams.. Good Stuff..

I always keep a can of DF. If my chicken or turkey is looking a little dry, I'll give a shot of DF. Last fall I left it out for just an hour or so in 50'ish weather and it clogged. I've just learned to keep that can in a warm environment. It's a great product and does add a pretty unique flavor.

Back