PK360 - buy black or silver?

I’m not sure if Rob is a member or not. His basket is on my list of things I want :-D. I just wish that there was a way to use two dividers to have lit coals on either both long sides or both short sides, with a cool zone in the middle.

Email him or message him on Facebook they will customize the basket for you Ron, I’ve seen pics of others they have done.

I will say witH the amount of space we are talking about it wouldn’t be much of a cool zone especially length wise but I’m sure they would consider it. I usually split in half left to right but did try the top bottom split, left right just works better with my workflow, also harder to add charcoal top bottom if you run out since the grate only flips up on the right side so it would be a pain in the middle of a cook

Email him or message him on Facebook they will customize the basket for you Ron, I’ve seen pics of others they have done.

I will say witH the amount of space we are talking about it wouldn’t be much of a cool zone especially length wise but I’m sure they would consider it. I usually split in half left to right but did try the top bottom split, left right just works better with my workflow, also harder to add charcoal top bottom if you run out since the grate only flips up on the right side so it would be a pain in the middle of a cook

Thanks... I usually do left to right as well. I was thinking about they way I do indirect in a Weber Kettle for roasting, with fire on both sides, but the PK may be too narrow for that.

Yep, found those charcoal baskets on Facebook and I too need a set now! This thread has cost me a lot of money today.

When you split the basket left-right, is there enough room in the empty side to put a foil half pan?

I have both colors and bought the Graphite used. The color has held up fine.

I also have Rob's charcoal baskets and they are very well made and work great. I have them in both of my 360's and in my PK classic. I had him customize one of them for the 360 so that there are slots to put the dividers in the 1/3 position on both sides as well as the 1/2 way mark.

When you split the basket left-right, is there enough room in the empty side to put a foil half pan?

yes , there's enough room. I had mine built with a 1/3 option as well as the half/half

Ron's baskets - what material are they?

I have both colors and bought the Graphite used. The color has held up fine.

I also have Rob's charcoal baskets and they are very well made and work great. I have them in both of my 360's and in my PK classic. I had him customize one of them for the 360 so that there are slots to put the dividers in the 1/3 position on both sides as well as the 1/2 way mark.

Are the baskets made of carbon steel or stainless?

Here are some pictures of Rob's baskets for those that don't have Facebook. The baskets on the floor are the two regular ones I got for one of my 360's and my classic. The basket in the grill is the customized one that I had Rob make.

The last set of baskets are a set of stainless steel mesh baskets a guy on the PK grill fanatics Facebook page is making that hold 5 lbs of charcoal each and he claims that you can get about 10 hrs of cooking time if using both. I have not tried them out yet. He is selling them right now just for the $10 cost of shipping but I think that ends soon.

SEPBCz7l.jpg

2CTdzuNl.jpg

pHr80aul.jpg

49o9uiVl.jpg

yes , there's enough room. I had mine built with a 1/3 option as well as the half/half

Thanks!

Here are some pictures of Rob's baskets for those that don't have Facebook. The baskets on the floor are the two regular ones I got for one of my 360's and my classic. The basket in the grill is the customized one that I had Rob make.

The last set of baskets are a set of stainless steel mesh baskets a guy on the PK grill fanatics Facebook page is making that hold 5 lbs of charcoal each and he claims that you can get about 10 hrs of cooking time if using both. I have not tried them out yet. He is selling them right now just for the $10 cost of shipping but I think that ends soon.

Thanks for the pictures!

I ordered a couple of the mesh baskets to try out. It's hard to go wrong for $10 each :-D

Both?

900-FB122-424-B-4-BAE-AA19-81383477677-C.jpg

:becky:

Both are about the same age. The silver has some smudges on it, but those can be cleaned off. The graphite has no markings at all.

BFD84082-410-F-4-EAB-8-FA0-25-FED9-E22-ACD.jpg
Ron, not wanting to hijack the thread, but I noticed from your sig that there are several smoker brands that you don't have yet. What's holding you back?

Ron, not wanting to hijack the thread, but I noticed from your sig that there are several smoker brands that you don't have yet. What's holding you back?

Mainly space, and, of course, money :-D

Any in particular you'd like me to consider? :becky:

Thanks!

Thanks for the pictures!

I ordered a couple of the mesh baskets to try out. It's hard to go wrong for $10 each :-D

Me too. Hell, if I don't like them I can always line 'em with foil to catch ashes.

Thanks!

Thanks for the pictures!

No problem. I figured pictures are always helpful.

Those stainless steel mesh baskets will come flat and you pull up the sides to form the box shape. The mesh is rigid enough so that the corners do not need to be attached.

Were they $10 each or $10 for both? I thought it was $10 for both? Anyway, he is wanting people to try them out and let him know how you like them and that is why he is selling them so cheap at the moment.

Mainly space, and, of course, money :-D

Any in particular you'd like me to consider? :becky:
I can't help you with the money, but I can help you with your space problem. How much is shipping from Chicago to Atlanta?

No problem. I figured pictures are always helpful.

Those stainless steel mesh baskets will come flat and you pull up the sides to form the box shape. The mesh is rigid enough so that the corners do not need to be attached.

Were they $10 each or $10 for both? I thought it was $10 for both? Anyway, he is wanting people to try them out and let him know how you like them and that is why he is selling them so cheap at the moment.

The web site charged me $10 each, but I figured that was still a good deal. I asked Jim just in case.

Back