Applied some Susie Q and onto the Watchman with apple and cherry

M9gNrZyl.jpg

First flip

q0KAwlpl.jpg

Finished and resting

v7zoSInl.jpg

Sliced

5RvKB7wl.jpg

Had to hold it for about an hour due to hecka snow. Consensus from the fam was that it was more buttery than usual and excellent beef flavor. Not sure it was worth double the price, though :grin:

Sounds good. I continue to like watching people cook on the Watchman stove. Thanks!

Sounds good. I continue to like watching people cook on the Watchman stove. Thanks!

Thanks brother! I was debating Weber 26 SnS or M1 for reverse searing but the Watchman was easy to get up and running and decided to go with direct grill, especially with the snow flurries :crazy:

Man, that looks fantastic! Sounds like you are happy w/ your Watchman? Do you primarily use it for searing, or ???

Man, that looks fantastic! Sounds like you are happy w/ your Watchman? Do you primarily use it for searing, or ???

Thanks Robby! Yes I’m happy with the Watchman but mostly for the fun factor of burning wood. The food does turn out great but the grilling surfavce is limited - not a problem for me since I only cook for 2 most of the time.

I don’t think of it for searing, if I wanted to it comes with a small charcoal grate that sits a few inches below the grate but mostly just burn wood in the chute.

I enjoy most cuts of Wagyu but never really been impressed by the Wagyu tri-tips I’ve had a few times. Costco’s regular grade is always good.

Kind of agree. I made some more the same way but using prime :thumb:

2rcT38Yl.jpg
How about Wagyu steaks, my butcher carries a lot of different cuts of Wagyu? Their prime cuts always have great marbling so I just go with prime which isn't cheap either but I've thought about splurging on a steak or brisket. I'll skip the Tri Tip though.

Back