PK360 vs ???

Mike Twangzer

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Didn't want to hijack the other thread so I'll ask here ..... Why is the PK 360 that much better than a weber or ???else that is a lot less expensive ? thx

You can do a lot of things with a Weber Kettle, especially with all of the accessories out there for it and for those that don't want to or can't spend that kind of money for a 360 or something else, they work fine.

I prefer the 360 over the Kettle for these reasons. More durable and should outlast any Weber, has stainless steel grates, has two large tables, retains heat better and uses less fuel, sits up higher, has a better vent system for two zone or indirect cooking, and IMO, is easier to adjust temps with.

With that being said, $149 for the Weber with the ash can vs $799 for the 360 is quite a large cost spread and only you can decide if you want to spend the money. For a lot of people the answer is no. For me, I liked what I saw and spent the money. I liked the first one so well that I bought a second used one.

The only thing I use my Weber Kettle for anymore is to cook wings using the Vortex accessory as it does a great job and I don't have to flip the wings. Anything else I grill or for small smokes, I use the 360 or classic PK.

I bought it because its easier to transport and my wife loved the look, and the last part made the biggest difference. I don’t regret spending the money, it gets used at least twice a week, the Mak gets used at least twice a week as well, the hunsaker is what’s not getting the love these days.

I'd also like to add that the PK 360 has:

A hinged lid so don't have to hang the lid or put it on the ground.
A sturdy tall stand instead of weak wobbly tripod legs.
Very easy to break down and transport.
Heavy duty stainless grates.
Four point vents for easy indirect cooking.
Rectangular shape is much easier to arrange food vs circular shape.

I love the PK360 for similar reasons:
- Venting system works great and simple to use
- Temp control is fantastic, dialing in 250 is like magic
- Rectangle Grates just seems easier to maximize Grill space
- 2-zone is so easy with left and right food management with lid out of the way
- Grate is really close to coals for hot searing
- Utilizing Grill Grates with 360 produces amazing steaks
- Height of grill is perfect
The most important thing is that my food has improved using this grill.

The 360 stand has wheels but they are small wheels and is the only complaint from owners because it reportedly doesn't roll so good.

Back