Nephews 1st BBQ Comp in Apopka FL this Weekend (On Going, Come and "Learn")

Congrats and good for you for doing that for the boys. They were actually 8th in Brisket because of a scoring error, the #1 team was a mistake so everybody moved up.
Apopka is always a good time, lot of good backyard teams. We were there also, #4 overall.

Congrats on the finish! That brisket box looked killer. 40 back yard teams!!? That's nuts. I did hear an interview with a popular FBA team saying that a good number of those BY teams should really be competing at the professional level. I think I saw a total of 71 teams so more than half were BY. Wowza. Good work!!

There is a team in that BY list I know of (not comfortable saying who) that I know does great work and I respect.. that your boys beat overall :) man totally kick butt experience and great job uncle!!! I can only hope to someday do something this cool for my son and his best friend in a few years. Priceless memories created

There is a team in that BY list I know of (not comfortable saying who) that I know does great work and I respect.. that your boys beat overall :) man totally kick butt experience and great job uncle!!! I can only hope to someday do something this cool for my son and his best friend in a few years. Priceless memories created

Thanks and I had told them that while you want to do well and hear your name and even win, when there are 40 teams not everyone is going to leave happy. Any given week the same food they could have been bottom of the pack vs top. So that one call along with being in the top half was just perfect for them.

They sent us very nice hand written cards thanking us for the experience. It was so much fun to be there with them and so much of the family. Ranks right up there with some of my most memorable events.

Not saying I'm looking for the next possible one down there already.............but............:becky:

Back